Can We Talk Headphones For A Second

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by FrankWhite23, Nov 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

I ordered my pair of the new DT 700 Pro X
    I listened to the 900 open and the 700 closed Pro in music store in cologne.
    I LOVED THEM!
    Not so harsh. And the Bass is not pumping, but clear.
    And the yneed no Headphone Amplifier because of their 48 ohm new drivers.

Like described the 900 sounds more open, bigger soundfield, a little bit less bass than 700. But still very good.
    And it was more comfortable than the 700er on my head (Less weight)

But i decided to take the 700. It shows every problem and errors in tracks more accurat than the 900.
    I listened to a techno demo track. The 700 showed me asap, that the kick sometimes has some missing klicks and attacks.
    I know this from producing, when the first kick in a loop lost his attack
    Problem descibed here for example: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=175214

The 700 showed it very good in the demo track. With other Headphones like the AKG 712 or the DT900 i had to listen more concentrated to find the mistakes.

I´m really looking forward.
    Here is a test in german.
    You can translate it:
    https://www.professional-audio.de/test-beyerdynamic-dt-700-pro-x-dt-900-pro-x/

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Ahh it will be so interesting to know the differences of this New Beyers vs the old.. :yes:

Like 700 vs 770 vs 1770..
    It seems the 1770 doesn't represent an improvement over the 770, and actually score lower (as per RTINGS analysis),
    so the massive price difference is not justified, 770 is still one of the best Closed that exist.. so hows the 700 Pro-X like?

And a similar thing for 900 vs 990 vs 1990..
    the build quality of 1990 is much more solid/premium,
    but the performance seems to be pretty much equal to the 990,
    so how they compare with the new 900, the good old 880, or even the T1? :guru:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021