Can Someone Please help me Map My Akai Mpk mini 2 and presonus atom with logic PLEASE??

Discussion in 'Logic' started by charlie6495, Jan 12, 2020.

1. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

guys I really need help figuring out how to do this which controls to put to which buttons etc and with the presonus atom too if anybody can help I would love to be Able to use all the buttons on each of these

3. Polomo

Polomo Guest

First what kind of music do you make and what synths and effects do you use ? (Beside logics own stuff )
    And I hope you followed the simple RTFM method for your gear.

(In regular,
    In logic, I would map them to the smart controls of logic.)

Most, more or less modern VST synths are mapable on the run.

But maybe I did not understand the question :winker:

4. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

I make rap trap hip hop fish music , pop, with some electronic elements in them sometimes but I use serum sublab icarus Kontakt, pigments diva , triton I also use FabFilter q3 l2 c2 animate sometimes soundtoys stuff shaper box and I think you understood it

5. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

also how do I take advantage of smart controls? and what's RTFM?

6. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Best Answer
    RTFM= Read The F**** Manual! (It sounds a lot harsher than it should be :winker:)
    If you'll work with a MIDI controller there are two ways.
    1. Make your MIDI controller work with the software (And for this it's important to read the manual and understand it. )

2 Make the software work with your MIDI controller. (for this it's important to understand your software) And there are also 2 sub ways
    a. Daw Mapping
    b. VST Mapping

Software Mapping (most time easy but more work.)

the fat one are easy to map (From my own experience ) Serum just right click and midi learn move something in the software and then on you controller mapped
    ,Diva gear button up-right corner move something in the software and then on you controller mapped :winker:
    and so one.

Hardware Mapping :

There is something called Mackie control . It´s nearly the opposite way ... and the beauty which lies within that, on some devices it's just 2-3 kicks to map everything. And it's a
    Standard for many Hardware controllers (Play button, Stop, record, etc)
    Maybe the Akai got this too (Don't own this device but a similar one .) If you'll lucky there is an Akai Logic Mackie Preset .

That’s why RTFM .It can save you lots of time.without that I think I would never hear of that .)

But which Parameter you'll map is more a thing of trying. And something every Artist would do different .(A great tip on this look at the hardware synths .

Cutoff for filters is always a nice thing (specially for Intros start low and go high outros the other way around. )
    Pitch is something you'll can try stuff with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2020