Can Someone Please Explain STEAM?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Crevice9, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I have a few different copies/versions/packs of Spectrasonics software I've downloaded over the last year or so that include Trillian, Keyscape and Omnisphere but honestly I've not even tried to install them because I don't know what a "STEAM" install even means. I've done searches and I haven't seen it really explained. Can someone give me a 101 explanation of this please?

I just downloaded a different copy of Omnisphere 2 build 5 with the following instructions:

"Spectrasonics steam folder, just put the steam folder in the Spectrasonics folder and u are done!"

Sounds simple enough the main Omnisphere folder has 5 folders inside it: Defaults, Documentation, Settings Library, Soundsources and Wavetables. Unlike other versions I have there isn't a folder titled STEAM even though this refers to one. I don't see any further instructions but a lot of people have this version. I wouldn't even know how to open it. Do I create a folder in my 64 VSTPlugins titled Spectrasonics and place the Omnisphere folder with its 5 subdirectories into that with hopes my DAW will see it?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

3. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

4. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Can Someone Please Explain STEAM?
    It's what water turns into @ 100 degrees celcius..:drummer:

5. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

But only at normal Omnispheric pressure (allegedly)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

:hillbilly::hahaha:

7. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

OK, it looks like there isn't an Omnisphere.dll within that folder and looking at another version of Omnisphere on a Spectrasonics ISO I have, it says to download and install Omnisphere. Am I suppose to download it and overwrite files and folders with what I listed above to get the dll? I don't want to screw this up so just to be clear I'm actually going to paste the instructions from the ISO below. I know they are 2 different releases but if you recognize these instructions/have this release, you'll better know what 2 options I am looking at and why I'm asking this.

I have the Omnisphere 2 build 5 mentioned above and this ISO below

More details about the distribution content:
    Omnisphere Soundsources v2.5.0c
    Omnisphere Patch Library v2.5.0c

Keyscape Soundsources v1.0.2
    Keyscape Patches v1.3c

Trilian Soundsources v1.0.1
    Trilian Patches v1.4.7c

Bob Moog Tribute Library Patches v1.4c

+ More 230 third-party libraries (233 Single Libraries + 44 Multi Libraries) + factory libraries
    The image contains ONLY the STEAM folder with the Omnisphere, Keyscape and Trilian libraries

1. Copy the Spectrasonics folder from the Spectrasonics.iso image. Copying can take up to 40 minutes or more, depending on the type of your HDD. It is recommended that you place the folder in the root of the disk (for example, D: \ Spectrasonics, E: \ Spectrasonics, etc.).
    Russian language and also other languages are unacceptable!
    That is, you do not need to do this: D: \ Synthesizers \ Spectrasonics, E: \ Programs for music \ Spectrasonics, etc.

2. After you have moved the Spectrasonics folder from the image of the same name, you will need to create a shortcut to the STEAM folder.
    To do this, go along the path Drive C: \ ProgramData and create a Spectrasonics folder and in it create a shortcut to the STEAM folder. We indicate the path where you saved the Spectrasonics folder (in this folder we specify the STEAM folder).

3. Download and installOmnisphere
    If necessary, also download Keyscape and Trilian .
    Read the installation instructions in the appropriate distributions

4. Download the necessary updates from the distribution from the first post and also install them

5. Next, run Omnisphere. When you start Omnisphere for the first time, a black window will appear (you don’t need to take any actions at this moment, just wait. This procedure can take up to 10 minutes. At this point, the necessary files will be created for your system for Omnisphere to work correctly). As a result, the black window should automatically change to the Omnisphere window.

8. odiza

odiza Producer

del. I need my glasses.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021