Can someone help me ? (Trap/Hip Hop)

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by l92, Nov 20, 2020.

1. l92

l92 Noisemaker

Hey Guys,

I am searching for someone who can help me with a project of mine.
    I do need a really good kick bc I am just not able to build one.

This would be very kind.
    Please someone who has production skills.

Best,
    L92

3. decksound

decksound Ultrasonic

I think you might want to take a look here.

What makes a good kick? A high kick? What makes a really good kick? A roundhouse kick? A taekwondo back kick? What makes a bad kick? Wing chun low kick to the knee?

If you ask Bruce, there is no one true answer. It unavoidably depends on factors such as the height and weight combination of your opponent(s), their distance from you, their fighting experience, their martial arts skill, how much time you have to make a run, etc.

It is the same in music. You can record yourself table-thumping through a cheap microphone and think that it sounds terrible, but I'm sure someone on this forum - me? challenge accepted - can come out to use that terrible sound as a great kick and make a great sounding beat with it.

That's how things work. If, instead, people on this forum simply responded to your post here and sent you their "best" kick sounds, chances are 98% of them would not work for your song. A great kick that worked well for one of Avicii's (rest in peace) projects would probably be useless for your project, and vice versa. Noone has a way of knowing, without seeing your opponent.. umm hearing your project first.

Best regards!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

5. l92

l92 Noisemaker

@decksound
    Thanks for your response. I am very sorry that I kept some information as secret.
    I forgot to mention that I would send my project stems. This kinda help I need.

best,
    l92

6. curtified

curtified Rock Star

get all the Splice KSHMR packs. They have quality samples for any genre

7. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

That's very vague man. Share a snippet of the track or something so we can help you more. Its easy to recommend a "Trap" Kick, but there's no guarantee it will work with your track.

8. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

The benefit of getting these packs is there's a wide variety of samples so you might just find what you need in it, or you might find something that needs minimal post processing to work for you. KSHMR, DECAP packs might have what you're looking for, but I do suggest you send us a snippet of your track so we can help. If you don't want to share it publicly for some reason, PM me or anyone else here who's willing to help so we can try and help knowing the context of the track.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  9. joem

joem Producer

splice.com use code joem1986 for free months credits your welcome... yes they literally will sponser anyone now

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I'm aware you were just using metaphor for affect, but...
    Swing forward into Gun ji ma (Hung Gar term), and scrape their kneecap down their shin with your foot!
    With no actual footwork within that form, and only arrow walk taught, leg work is not a part of Wing Chun. It was added to the product.
    With its brilliant Chi Sau practice it's a special form for close moments, I'd say equivalently as important as blues scales when soloing.
    But we need to learn all the scales, so we can then draw on all of them within any moment.

Ergo
    The best kick drum is the one that works for the track!

11. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

12. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Just to say, last night, so that I can get through the month, I had to record two rappers.
    And it was so rushed with only 2 hours available, and I was creating the whole track on the fly in loop mode in Logic!
    But having a few Cymatics kick drums to quickly scroll through definitely saved some time!
    I've only just started buying them, and some KSHMR stuff, and I can highly recommend them both as good starting points.
    I'm still buzzing! Great when there is a limited amount of time to create some fire, with more heads than one!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List