Can someone explain what "check for duplicates" does during batch resave

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by secrettunnel1234, Aug 8, 2022.

1. secrettunnel1234

secrettunnel1234 Noisemaker

Im trying to batch resave several different libraries at once. in order to ensure that there is no issue with the wrong samples being assigned to an instrument nki, I figured I would try selecting the "check for duplicates" thinking it would just match by file size, but I got prompted with this dialogue to select different folders with duplicates in them. I dont really understand what its having me select here, as it doesnt reference any specific nki to point the duplicate samples to. could use some help here, thank you.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't use kontakt enough to help you with it. But I will say, your post reads like a common preamble to the next post where it has screwed up your songs or whatever. Be careful and wait for some help. Better than re-evaluating your backup strategy on the fly. :(

4. secrettunnel1234

secrettunnel1234 Noisemaker

that is a very considerate response, thank you