Can software companies know if a product was adquired through privacy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mavericks Plays, Jul 24, 2024 at 12:51 AM.

1. Mavericks Plays

Mavericks Plays Newbie

Hello. First time posting here.
    I'm asking because i'm trying to start posting what I have made.
    But I don't have any interest of having 20 different developers looking for my head.
    Specially because most of the parches do technically require a real activation (R2R, etc)
    Like, as far as I know the only way to know who has a program license is looking at the legal info tabs.

I mean I would pay if I could but that's the point of getting remumerated by your work.
    Also, motherfuckers all the software for a good producer is over 1000$
    Free plugins are trash and you can't deny it.

Thanks for reading.

3. Windows97

Windows97 Ultrasonic

no one will come after you, impossible, developers have no idea that you exist until you become their client.

Things that can happen:
    Your ISP probably has an idea what you download but doesn't know exactly what.
    You may have interference from a software company if you record a video for YouTube in a way that lets it leak that you use their cracked software, but the most they can do I think is try to take down the video or channel, it already happened to a friend of mine who did tutorials.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024 at 1:09 AM
  4. Windows97

Windows97 Ultrasonic

Most paid plugins are also trash.

5. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

there are plenty of great free plugins. you could mix an entire record from just the TDR freebies. air windows has some gems as well. there are others too.

6. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

I assume you mean piracy, not privacy, right?
    What do you mean when you say posting? Uploading your finished audio files to Spotify or show screen recordings on YouTube?
    I guess the latter, because if it was just about processed audio I wouldn’t care anyway.

well first of all I wouldn’t be too worried about that cause you think 5 steps ahead. Do you think big companies watch YouTube videos from every newcomer uploading stuff? Well I probably wouldn’t use these companies as tags or something like that.
    And yes these things already happened, several people exposed themselves on YouTube using pirated stuff like I think avicii did with a team air version of ohmicide…

but yeah, avicii was probably also a bit more famous than you might be when you just started and if you attract so many viewers that big companies start watching every detail of your video, then you probably reached a point where buying them shouldn’t be a problem anymore.

But still, I think I would keep an eye if the front gui of a plugin I’m using shows something like „licensed by team xyz“.

other than that, in the past before homestudios became popular, and still today that’s what studios are for. You go there and can use stuff you don’t own. In other words… what you think how many people use for example autotune without having a license? You don’t have to be a pirate to use stuff you don’t own.

what I’m trying to say is… if you wanna play it safe, no one knows if you are working on your own studio setup. You can tell your viewers you are at a friends studio or whatever. if you book into a studio. Are you gonna check all licenses?

So I wouldn’t worry bout all that too much. Just check the gui if it shows who the plugin is licensed to. If it shows nothing, I think it’s all fine :winker:

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is because you know already which freebies are good ones. If you didn't and just randomly stumbled the net checking out free plugins, I bet something like 8 out of 10 are junk. In many of those cases, the stock option in your DAW will be a better quality plugin.