Can not register Maschine mk3 in Native Access

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Misty_Bug, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Misty_Bug

Misty_Bug Newbie

Hi,
    last week i bought a Maschine mk3 but everytime i try to register the Hardware Serial into my Native Access account i get an error message "an error occured while processing your serial..." Its everytime the same wether i put in the original number or a random serial. I tried Native access on my Laptop with Win10 Home because there was never a software from NI installed. I tried a fresh virtual win10 pro on my music-pc same error message. I even tried my musik-pc wich has non legit N.I. prgs and installed native access on it and tried to register the hardware but no luck. every time the same error message, i even disabled my "zone alarm" firewall. So i have no more clue what could cause the problem. I could get my Money back but i think the problem is on my side but im at the end of my knowledge.
    If anyone had the same problem and a solution to the problem, this would be very nice.
    Thanks in advance Misty_Bug

3. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I think you might want to email Native Instruments support before your return period with the retailer ends, instead of hoping random internet people can fix a licensing issue with Native Access..

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

Best Answer
    a second hand maybe

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe the employees who look each number up manually had the day off due to SVB failure. Try tomorrow when website is working again, and with your glasses on so you can type in the correct number.

6. Misty_Bug

Misty_Bug Newbie

I bought it from a big musicstore in germany and it was a return before, so yes its a used one.

What i find dissapointing is that in the description from the store there was no info that the hardware was already registered.
    There is an emailadress and a pw handwritten on the backside of the stickers-sheet. So i tried to login to native access with this information but i have problems to identify some of the letters cause its badly written. Maybe it isnt a Native Access account at all.
    The next thing what dissapoints me, why cant Native Access give me the info that the serial is already used by another account or is an invalid serial but tells me that "an error occured while processing your serial" which could mean anything.

Break: while writing this i decided to call the store, they will get in contact to N.I. and hopefully i can register the hardware within two days.They didnt know that it was registered before. (they dont test this kind of things before reselling the hardware again and the next custome has the hassle.

Meanwhile I`m lucky to test the mk3-hardware with your version and I must admit I used it before and will use it in the future cause it works perfect. Thanks a lot to all your work and efforts.

I have a mk1 wich i like a lot and still works flawlessy, but i thougt it was time to upgrade to the mk3 which so far i like also. But maybe I should wait for the mk4 somwhere in the future with hopefully touchscreens, cause sometimes i want to push the display which doesnt happens to me with the mk1.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

if the store cannot resolve this issue for you, I would beat the hell out of them on the price of the unit. Then I would use cracked Maschine software with it; the same way I would either way. Figure out any warranty implications of this first, obviously.

It's used. You could quite possibly get them to take off a big chunk of the sale price and keep it. The store will only care about "keeping the product sold" or they are stuck with it again.

You would think though that the website would give you a different error message for a registered unit's serial number as opposed to an invalid serial. It wouldn't be the first time instance of that, but it's quite uncommon to see from a bigger company. What is less common, is for that sn check to be rate-limited to prevent you from trying a bunch of numbers using a valid format.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  8. Misty_Bug

Misty_Bug Newbie

Update: I just tried again and i could now register the hardware and have all the software availaible in native access.
    Thanks to Slavestate and bobdule for thier answers.
    Sometimes instead of going the easy way I tend to make it more complicated than it really is.

@ clone: I paid 10% less from the todays regular price of it but an extra refund from the shop for my hassle would be nice but not necessary.

If I will keep the mk3 or return it I will see in the next two weeks, so far I like it but I whish the displays would be touchscreens for example zooming, stretching, selecting, browsing, scrolling, XY-pad ... maybe in the mk4.

What i have not found so far on the mk3, on the mk1 there are two buttons in the transport section to scroll the "play-indicator" forward or backwards which i miss on the mk3. Future will tell.