Can NI detect libraries exported from a cracked version?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Astronaut2Moon, May 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Astronaut2Moon

Astronaut2Moon Kapellmeister

Hello, guys! I don't know if this type of question is allowed in the forum, if not, I apologize in advance. But let's go...

My question is this: can Native Instruments detect if a library was exported from a cracked Kontakt?

For example: I created my library and I want to share it with a friend (who has legit Kontakt) or sell it. Is there anything that communicates or gives away that the library was saved from a non-legitimate Kontat?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I want to buy the available Kontakt, Kontakt 7, but to export my libs, I need an earlier version, hence the question

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

if you sell something you better own the software in which it was created!
    The friend story is a different story of course.

Also who would create a kontakt library today? its still very hard to do and it will never be as good as the official ones.

4. Astronaut2Moon

First, thanks for your message :winker:

About creating Kontakt instruments: you are totally correct, because I would hardly be able to create something so deep and sampled due to lack of resources ($$$), BUT, there are some niches that I like to explore and I am already familiarized with the interface and with the Kontakt language (KSP).

Of course, thanks for your message anyway. I'll wait for other opinions too :dj:

5. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Yes it is allowed.

6. Astronaut2Moon

Hi. Thanks for the tip! :yes:

7. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

export from legit
    export from cracked
    check the difference

8. Astronaut2Moon

Well, I really hadn't thought of that haha :rofl:

Kontakt is 50% off and I can't pass up the opportunity (since in my country, 149 dollars = $756, which is just over 50% of the average salary here [$1,320]). I think that after buying it, I will test it.

But beforehand, would you be able to tell me about this difference?

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

kontakt is not just a sampler in which you can assign a separate sound to each key, save the project in one file and use it later if necessary. when creating a library, kontakt works like a compiler. and, like any compiler, it adds certain service information to the compiled file. if after batch resave the library loads faster, then there is some information about the system even in the * .nki files

good question. in any library, you can specify the author, site, etc. perhaps, to protect against banal plagiarism, this information is duplicated somewhere inside and encrypted. in theory and * .nki files, you can hide any information. for example, you can enter your own unique code of 4-6 digits into each set of such files, by which it will be possible to track the buyer who makes the library available for free. such a service was offered by continuata to developers who used their services to deliver content to the buyer. but developers are less and less likely to use such methods to combat pirates (maybe this violates some laws on the protection of confidential and personal information). It's no secret that each KP format library uses its own unique key, which will prove from which library the unscrupulous developer stole the samples and passed them off as his own.

so, this is enough to come to a simple conclusion: in the files that kontakt compiles, there can be any information about the kontakt license, and about the system, and about the hardware. or maybe she isn't. or maybe there is, but this data is anonymized. or maybe there is only the date of compilation of files and the version number of the compiler for bug reports.

These are just speculations and speculations off topic. This can only be proven and refuted by experience. but I think that there is no information about the illegal use of kontakt in the compiled files - it is simply useless.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Astronaut2Moon

wow! What a complete answer! I really liked, Talula. :woot::disco:

Thanks for taking the time to answer this. It really is something to think about and a bit difficult to be sure whether or not data is being sent or whether there is hidden metadata data.

It would be nice if there was no difference, or better if there was a way to download the previous Kontakt (legitimate via Native Access). I read in some places that we are obliged to use the latest version. Would this be true or could I choose which version to download after purchasing?

Thanks!