Can legit PTs read non-legit aaxplugins?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by allourep, Apr 9, 2021.

1. allourep

allourep Newbie

I have legit Pro Tools 2019.12.0 and I just recently acquired a MORiA version of Izoptope Dialogue Match which is a .aaxplugin file.

Pro Tools will not see this plugin. It doesn't scan, doesn't show in plugin list. I heard that legit PT can't run non-legit aax files. Is this true?

Running on Mac OS 10.14.6

3. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Indeed, you will need a non-legit ProTools for, at the very least, patched AAX plugins to work properly. Sometimes they won't load at all. Onee-san's site should have a couple of copies of ProTools for Mac OS, have you tried those yet? (I'm not sure if they would work at all with your Mac OS version to be honest, I'm a Windows user)

EDIT: I checked again, and she has a repack of version 10 of ProTools, which should work with your Mac OS version.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
  4. allourep

allourep Newbie

Thank you for the reply! I have been browsing Oneesan's site but havent been able to find a good PT version. I'll try to search for PT 10 to be more specific. Would you happen to know if I can have both my current version of PT installed along with the PT10 version you mentioned simultaneously? Or would I need to uninstall the legit version?

Thanks!

5. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

As far as I understand it, a co-install of ProTools 10 and ProTools 12 is possible, but to be honest I'm not sure if a co-install would work if one of the two versions is non-legit.

There's this thread someone started a while back How to co-install PT 10 and PT 12 on Windows 7 x64 | AudioSEX - Professional Audio Forum and after a quick glance it looks like it may have the information you need.

6. allourep

allourep Newbie

Awww dang... The plugin I am trying to get to work with my pro tools only works with pro tools 11 and later...

7. allourep

allourep Newbie

Thank you for the link and info!

8. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

If you do download and install ProTools 10, you could try using Blue Cat's PatchWork to load the VST format of the AAX plugins you want to load, for plugins that aren't compatible with the older version of ProTools. Onee-san also has a copy of PatchWork.

9. allourep

allourep Newbie

Ive never heard of this before. This might be a great solution to the issue at hand actually. The whole reason I was trying to get pro tools to load this plugin be cause its only available as aax. If patchwork allows me to use aax in Logic, then I can bypass pro tools entirely!

10. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Right... I'm afraid that is not possible even with PatchWork.

There is no such thing as an AAX wrapper, yet. VST/AU to AAX for use in Pro Tools? Yes, but not AAX to VST/AU. What you could possibly do is use virtual cables to route inputs/outputs between ProTools and Logic, and use the plugin that way, but that's really complicated and inconvenient (and even then, it still wouldn't work because the plugin in question is cracked, and not compatible with the latest crack of ProTools available, that we could find at least). At this point it's better that you look for alternatives to the plugin you want to use.

11. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I don't believe it can do that.
    And obviously we can only use AU natively, prior to Blue Cat Patchwork.

12. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Oh, by the way, there was a release that claimed it worked on both legit and non-legit ProTools, but it was an older version than MORiA's, and the links for it are dead. There's a process for possibly getting it re-uploaded if you want to give that a shot; more info at onee-san's site.

I also didn't know that iZotope Dialogue Match was ProTools exclusive, that's really really odd.

13. allourep

allourep Newbie

Damn. Brick walls every which way. I don't think there is really an equivalent of Dialogue Match out there at the moment. Thank you again for all the replys. Super helpful.

14. allourep

allourep Newbie

Gah Figures! A brick wall in every direction. Thank you for letting me know.

15. allourep

allourep Newbie

I actually grabbed that one while the links still were working and alas the same issue persisted then as well.

16. Smoove Grooves

It's not PT exclusive, no.
    Hey bro/sis, we are not supposed to multi-post one after the other, but rather merge our posts.
    It's written in the rules and carries warning points.
    Thought you'd like to know!
    Usually the best time! lol.
    But all posts at AZ must always have working links, so I hope you are at the right site!
    And Residents can request reuploads if they are needed if they get taken down at the ffs sites.

17. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Out of curiosity, the archive comes with two .dmg files, right? Did you install the MORiA .dmg first, or second? Have you tried the other way around?
    Hmm, it says so in iZotope's website, unless I'm missing something.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. allourep

allourep Newbie

MORiA's comes with two .dmgs. I first install the non-MORiA and then follow up with the MORiA .dmg. This is the process for others from MORiA as well. Super simple which is why MORiA is amazing. I have not tried running the .dmg's the other way around. For the other, older upload, there is only one .dmg and then there is a cracked .bundle file. The instructions say to run the .dmg and then just place the .bundle file in the .aax directory.

---

Now that I think about it, I am scratching my head at how anyone has gotten MORiAs version to work since it can only supposedly work with non-legit PTs. The Dialogue Match software can only run on PT11 and later and apparently there aren't any cracked versions of PT 11 or later. :dunno:

19. Smoove Grooves

And the same as R2R's and any other technique that requires to replace with patched versions!
    All crackers, patchers and reversers are amazing!
    Quite correct! I thought I heard it was in the newest RX, sorry.