Can I?

Discussion in 'Music' started by estaz, Feb 11, 2015.

1. estaz

estaz Newbie

Hey guys,
    I made a remix of ZHU - Faded and I sent it to a youtube promoter channel and in response I got that because my remix is not official, they cannot publish it on youtube. Is it true? because I've seen many remixes of this song on youtube and they also have free downloads, so...?

3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

What they mean by "Official" ...how do You make a mix or remix Official ?!? should You "Register" it somewhere perhaps ?

4. estaz

estaz Newbie

They mean that I dont have the permission of the label that released the original song

5. Demon

Demon Producer

As far as I know, if you want to remix a song "officially" you have to have their written permission, and in most of those cases they even provide you with some material or original stems of the song.

A friend of mine made a metal remix of a hip hop song and got the same response from the label, but after a couple of emails and samples of his work they gave him permission AND provided the stems with the original vocals, which in his case was the only part that they said that should not be messed with.