Can I use the installed and licensed UAD Plugins with another Apollo without having Account data?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ThugLife, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Hey again,

Here goes my second question/Problem. Like I already wrote in the other Post, not everybody might read, I bought a preowned studio 2 years ago. I dont want to go into Details because this was a big project, so of course i was facing a few Problems but one was that we had a Deal Based on what is included and what is the price. I came to take a look and then He told me his brother Sold the apollo, however it isnt there anymore but the plugins still are and i just have to get another...
    I opened them on the Mac, they work but ask for the Hardware. Now i'm considering to finally add an apollo back to the System again but I dont wanna end up having to spend another 4k for plugins i already got. Its already stressing me i cant use them on my win PC But can i just buy another apollo, plug it in and shit will work?
    Because if Not, what could you suggest me to Do? I have legit waves, fabfilter softube izotope and so on on this Mac but I just have the licenses on there. I dont have no login Data for Any of those vendors, its Not my email Adress and so on. He told me He shared licenses with some friend hes Not in touch anymore and this is why he doesnt have the licenses. The old one was the rack firewire Version. Would it make a Difference if I buy this Version or a newer one and would i be able to add a thunderbolt card to the Mac Pro and stay on Mountain lion, since i can not Change or update this System?

Do ya'll have ideas for me, I didn't think of? Im a native win User, that makes it even more complicated.

Thanks in advance again :)

3. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Thanks for taking your time to read and answer to this.
    Of course I did my Homework and already read that, otherwise i would have trusted his words, bought a New apollo just to realize i have to spend another 4k for the plugins i already have. But After i read that, I Went to the studio, I opened pro tools, plugins open up and just ask for Device. Then i Went digging deeper and finally After a While i think i found everything uad related. Dont remember the exact names but one was this mix panel i think which i couldnt open without Hardware but the other one was the control panel or Manager or something and it didnt ask me for Any login or anything. I have a drop down menu to choose from which uad Device i want to use and since I have none connected, this is greyed out.
    So even if I have to Login or something to add Devices, I would from now say i dont know how to or im already permanently logged in.
    Thats why I think there maybe is a way. I mean can't i just from there add this new apollo as a new device? I mean one of those six? And as far as I know and i can think of, he sold the quad Version two years ago for something like 1600-1800$ which makes me think he didnt sell it including the Whole bundle and maybe told me the Truth.
    Thats why im asking but if you can tell me for sure that this won't work, i'll give up on this one and i think never again consider to buy uad shit

Thanks Anyways

5. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

@ThugLife I am not the one telling you. UAD is telling you. I am just a volunteer messenger. It is not going to work. Ask the guy for access to his account. If he refuses, thug his ass. You are a THUG right? Thug him.:trolls::trashing::knock:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

@Agent007 well, then thanks for your Effort but as you know from the other thread i always found a way to get Things to work which might make it difficult for Me to accept this.
    However for me there is no way to log in, it seems like i'm logged in but this is however good to know as we all know About UAs Reputation for their customer Policy but this, for me, Takes it to a Whole nother Level. So I assume there are plugins they sold for 4k that no one now can use and have Access to, so I would have to buy them twice. Thats nice. If I have an ilok full of licenses and lose it, or someone steals it, which is really my own Problem, you just have to Do an rma.. they Help you. And we know About the ilok Reputation as well. I dont know About Any Company that makes u pay 4 thou and give you no Chance to restore in such cases.
    Thanks for your Help, no UAD for me, EVER!

Hahhaa didnt See you Suggestion. I already started with the First thing, but he replied he doesnt know right now, try to find out but it'll take a few weeks to figure out since he's away Working. So maybe we get to Number 2 in a few weeks :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  7. I got the UAD blues
    Someone's stepped on my
    Blue suede shoes.

8. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

If You have no acsess to account with plugins, You have no plugins. no matter how much UA acselerators in your hands. Simple as that. Plugin licenses to be authorized on device by synchrinising with UA account.

9. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it's not UAD's fault. Those plugins you want to use are still tied to the hardware which is now sold. So whoever has that hardware can still use plugins as long as he has last UAD sofware & authorization file used, but you can't. You only have UAD plugins installed on that Mac which were authorized, but since now the hardware is gone you can see them but can't use them.
    In all honesty, whoever sold you that was a scammer. I'd break his legs, but hey... :thumbsdown:

10. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

The best thing you can do is to ask directly from UAD support,
    https://www.uaudio.com/contact.html
    i'm pretty sure that they will help you to get the best as much as possible,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Well thank ya'll very much for your time and Effort even though i was hoping the answer was another :rofl:@playtime thank you for your empathy.
    To be honest, i'm a little shocked right now, but it's a Lil more complicated. I can not call him scammer, because i still have a Lot of Things out of that Deal, that are just fine and Worth the money. Brauner Phanthera, neumann kh 120 along with a Lot of other good Stuff. I contacted him, described the Situation and he told me He will take care of it but I have to wait a few weeks since he's away from home right now.
    If He has the Account data and Hands it out to me, everything will be fine. If Not, I assume i'm fucked (Sorry to say so) and i have to Break his legs like you already suggested haha. Or i at least try what @Hooman.Leys suggested and try it by contacting the Support and get the Best out of it.
    Ya'll helped me a Lot. I will keep you updated, if I finally can solve this bs.

And @playtime again, youre right Homie, I wasnt fair on that one. I was just in a state of shock realizing there just Fell 5k out of my Pocket and i began regretting the Deal i Made Once again. Not uad's fault, I was just comparing it to ilok which isnt their Problem as well if you lose your ilok, but you have still Options to restore. But to be fair youre right, as for ilok i have to know my Account data, too