Can i run Cubase 7.5 alongside cracked Cubase 5?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by whataboutit, Mar 13, 2014.

1. whataboutit

whataboutit Newbie

Is it possible to run Cubase 7.5 w ilok alongside Cubase 5 (AiR)? I need to finish some old tunes that are 95 percent there and I don't want to risk lose plugin settings etc by opening in 7.5 x64 so I'd rather work on the old stuff in Cubase 5.

Anybody have any experience with this?

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Yes it's possible​

4. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

When you have Cubase 7 and dongle, you can run all previous cubases legit too, so you can instal it without cracks, and also update it to the latest version which was never cracked.

5. vibes

vibes Newbie

I just upgraded to 7.5 recently....and I could NOT open cubase 5 team air after installing that and the dongle...tell me about it! right now my system only consist of cubase 7.0.7 and cubase 7.5.10...that's it, no more cracked cubase in my system

6. whataboutit

whataboutit Newbie

Well, according to vibes I wouldn't be able to run team AiR version, so I would be v interested in doing this. Are previous versions of cubase available?

7. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Is this true?

I doubt it.
    I don't think you get licenses for earlier versions of Cubase together with the one you bought.

But maybe I'm wrong, so anybody feel free to correct me.

8. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

This and a similar question has been covered before so i will save you the time of listening to people who can't or won't use search, it's easy to do just make sure the last thing you replace is the 2 dll's ... still confused use search.

Also you can run both Cubase 7 and Cubase 5 on same machine with legit dongle or cracked vers your choice.

9. whataboutit

whataboutit Newbie

Aha, thanks guys, interesting reading. btw, I did do some searches before posting, but kept getting this message:
    "One or all of your search keywords were below 2 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed"

...made it kinda tricky to search for my specific question re cubase 5 & 7 :rofl:

10. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

@whataboutit If you get stuck send me a pm, i'm not on the net much so allow a few days for a reply.​

11. whataboutit

whataboutit Newbie

I've been reading up on this shit for days, so I can't remember where I saw it, but it is my understanding that your license automatically qualifies you for all previous versions prior and upto that version.

As to where you would get these previous versions, Steiny support has a huge download section including an ftp archive section with vintage versions of cubase... presumably there is some way to do it through there, not sure.

12. tnc

tnc Producer

I'm an owner of Cubase and YES, you CAN run any Cubase version from old Cubase VST and Cubase SX and forward with your dongle!
    You just need to find and download the old versions as ISO since Steinberg hasn't put them online. Don't use the cracked versions.

13. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

That's interesting, never knew it.

Is there an official statement by Steinberg somewhere regarding this matter?

14. Mysta187

Mysta187 Newbie

It's absolutely true that you can run any previous version if you have a license for the current version. Same way I can run Hypersonic by having a Halion license. Hope it helps!

15. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello all,

Here is your official statement.
    Yes, with a Cubase 7.5 license you can run all the Cubase family software that have been released before.
    E.g. Cubase 6.5, Cubase 6, Cubase 5, Cubase 4 etc...
    Why? Because in the case that you have upgraded from Cubase 6 to Cubase 7 your Cubase 6 license will become a Cubase 7, probably you will still want to access your Cubase 6 version to finish projects etc... therefore using previous versions is posible.
    The same applies for VST instruments if you have a HALion 5 license you can run HALion 4 and HALion 3 etc...

Installing a legal version of Cubase and a cracked version will only cause you trouble as the security on the eLicenser Control Center is updated with every maintenance update or upgrade from Cubase.

The dongle emulator will fight to disable the eLicenser Control Center security checks and the eLicenser Control Center will search and try to disable the emulator.

Best regards,
    GN