Can I install just nectar while keeping my current iZotope stuff?

Discussion in 'PC' started by webshark, Oct 21, 2013.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Hey guys

sorry to bother you aLL. Does anyone know if its ok to just install the new nectar over my current izotope stuff.? The reason I ask is i see theres a new authorization method or something thanks guys!

3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

The new authorization method is simple. Why wouldn't you update? You just copy the authassistant.exe to install location and that's it done. Then when iZotope authorization pops up. Just click authorize. How hard could that be?

4. webshark

webshark Member

Yea, what Im asking is, can i install nectar while leaving the rest of my izotope plugins as is. They are not newer versions so no point in updating those ones unless i have to just to have a newer nectar.

thanks.

5. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I'm just saying, how hard is it to uninstall 7 apps, then install the new ones (though not updates)? Is it worth this much trouble? I would just try anyway. Install just the new nectar. See if they all still work. If they don't, install the new ones. 10 min of your life wasted. I've wasted much more on less important stuff. Like this question. No one else answered you cause they figured by the time it took to type this you could have just tried it out yourself. Worst case scenario you waste 10 min and have to install the new ones.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes it should work, webshark.

But you will need to install the iLok driver. You don't have to install the whole humongous thing from the iLok.com, though, you can only install the ilok driver from this file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2843539/iLokDrvr_222.7z You just unpack it and install the driver through control panel "add/remove hardware" wizard. That is if you're using 32bit Windows... cause this is only 32bit driver. If you use x64 Windows you will have to install the whole thing from the iLok.com, sorry. However, you can safely delete all the folders that say Pace or iLok afterwards, and that will leave you only with a driver and the iLok service that is also not needed. You can get rid of the unnecessary Windows service, with some tools like NirSoft "serviwin": http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/serviwin.html It's a "huge" 60KB program that doesn't write anything into the registry and you uninstall it by deleting the both exe and help file... I love NirSoft utilities. http://blog.nirsoft.net/ :wink:

Cheers!

7. webshark

webshark Member

You replying to this is a total waste of life mate. You basically been a hypocrite by even typing. And with my 18 hour work days 10 minutes is very valuable to me. I typed on here asking if it could and if the answer is yes then i will. if the answer is no then i wont bother until my time is free enough. Do you need any more information about my personal life? My phone number? address maybe? favorite places to eat?

8. webshark

webshark Member

Thank you for this. I already own an ilok that is used daily. 75% of software is legit. Im slowly getting there but one day it will be 100% . . . So i guess i dont need to install the ilok driver, or will it work at all with real ilok?

9. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

You all need a chill pill...
    I would suggest to upgrade all at once or wait. Better be safe than sorry. I haven't upgrade either cause I'm having midterms. QQ

10. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

You're questions are a total waste of life. Learn how to read.

11. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

You have no clue dude. If some bad installation fucks up a system (for example if the software detects illegal licences) it can cost hours of work to reset it to the working state, especially if you have no back up at hand or your backup is outdated. That is worst case, not your "10 min and have to install" bs.

Those stupid answers like "why not try it yourself" or "google it" just defeats the whole purpose of a forum.

So the question is quite valuabe for others, your answer is definitely not. *no*

12. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

quick reply so u don t waste your time: yes