Can I get some opinions on a track please?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by elyga, Dec 29, 2013.

1. elyga

elyga Newbie

Hello everybody!

My first post to this forum I believe, will definetly be more active since i discovered this.

I have been thinging about approaching a label for my very first release with a track, but i dont want to ruin my reputation sending crap out. I was wondering if i could get some opinions on the track and maybe even some constructive criticism?

http://soundcloud.com/elyga/elyga-ft-rick-c-how-does-it

thank you!

3. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Production wise: Epic job
    Mastering: 95% Perfect(just have a few frequencies that are interlocking;not a big problem)
    Overall, I think its a great song. I started my career with house like this.
    It's label ready. I recommend a house label that's not too big but has a good following: http://www.sunsun-records.com/
    Something like Sun Sun. You did a great job on it. Keep it up! *yes*
    PS. Not getting a release on a label doesn't ruin your rep. Labels have to listen to music all day long. That includes the 100+ pieces of junk sent in by young kids. Labels only pick like 3 and sometimes dump the rest that were submitted that week. Trust me. This song is great for your first release!

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I like it. Lyrics are straight. Different progression. Not the typical 6,4,1,5. The drums need to punch me in my face, but overall, solid track. Good work and good luck.

5. I like the movement of the sound canvas as for me it kept it interesting to listen to, nice and wide with seeming oscillation of frequencies above my head. Fantastic and simple lyric delivered by a pleasing and wonderful vox. A re-mastering might be in the offing by a disinterested party, though other than that I feel you have passed through the gate and have entered...sound nirvana.

6. freeldr77

freeldr77 Newbie

I think it is a bit harsh in higher frequencies, for me it sounds unpleasend.

But - great work!

7. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Solid track, encapsulates pretty much everything that is popular in the pop world at the minute. Would like to hear a deeper, more underground mix to get a feel for what you`ve got when it comes to the REAL deal!!! :dancing:

If this is all your own work Bro, you should be giving yourself a SERIOUS pat on the back.

Really hope this track gets you where you wanna go, best of luck, you have talent by the bucket full! :wink:

8. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

Sounds like something Avicii would produce..

Good job!

9. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Yeah, good stuff. Sounds great and the flow of the song works well.

I agree with LiveLogicLoopsTools, the drums (kick) could be a tad more punchy.
    Good luck ;)

10. jiemayn

jiemayn Noisemaker

I agree about the drums. in dance DRUMS ARE KING. don't forget that. use more SPL designer and more dbx160 a for the master drum buss if you can that may help. or bring ALL tracks level down, except the kick. the whole song IS a little bright, but once its re mastered to bring that harshness down it will help. labels hardly pick people up by sending stuff out. You have to have a following at LEAST 5,000 people on Facebook (industry reference from my friend at Capitol Records) and show you are willing to put in work. Then submit your soul to the label.

Be independent….

FORGET ABOUT THE LABEL

11. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

You have talent my friend,worry only for making your music and let the label take care of other stuff like mastering etc.Keep it up

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

This Track is Great!!! I like it But.....I've love if it had the following:

Vocals - More in your Face, they kinda of sound washed out in reverb
    Reference: Calvin Harris, Sweet Nothing

Drums - Ramp up, to change my heartbeat lol
    Reference: Swedish House Mafia Ft. Aaron London – Save The World (Remix)

Bass - More Aggressive Compression timing
    Reference: DEV - Bass Down Low (Explicit) ft. The Cataracs

As always this is just my opinion and would love to hear more of your work in the future..Good Luck Cheers :dancing:

13. cy126

cy126 Newbie

AWESOME track dude! Love the lead and main section, has a nice feel good vibe to it. Maybe make the stacked kick poke through more a tad?? Add an extra clicky kickdrum? Idk nice vocals btw :wink: