can i cut up loops in clip view

Discussion in 'Live' started by davpat, May 14, 2013.

1. davpat

davpat Newbie

i thought i seen this guy once on youtube manualy choping up a vocal loop in clip view. i know people do that in arrangement view
    but its a bit to stressing having to zoom all the time

3. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

not shure what you want to do...
    you can use loops to cut out a part of an audio with consolidating, but you have to do a clip for every cut
    also you can use warpmarkers to strech, in combination with vol automation to gate
    but more convenient to cut an audio into severeal parts is to do in arr
    another way is to set a sampleeditor in prefereces, then you can hit "edit" button to edit your audio in an external app
    there are also plugins for gating/chopping like isotope stutteror use a midicontrollable gate or a gate with sidechaintrigger

4. davpat

davpat Newbie

thanx for reply I meen a percusive loop instead of editing it in arr view(cutting coppying pasting) to do it in the clip view.
    becouse its a bit uncomfortable to have to zoom in arrangemt view. so if you cant do it in clip view i think its just best to
    SICE TO MIDI. what do u meen about sample editor¿
    ive got izotope stutter editor but havent instaled it yet is it any good?

5. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

stutter is nice, but complex and you will need some time to learn to handle it

in preferences you can set a sampleeditor like wavelab
    http://picpaste.de/pics/pref-9xPyl05O.1368560285.jpg

when you klick there:
    http://picpaste.de/pics/sampleedit.1368560333.jpg
    the audiofile will be opened in wavelab

so you are talking about to part a loop in several parts? then slicing would be the best. live is generating a drumrack with a simpler per note/sample/slice, teh advantage is that you have an indivual track for every slice e.g. to reverb the snare etc

6. Lunar@

Lunar@ Newbie

Thanks @ GanjaRa_ for tips. I've always exported recorded file to audicity and then back to AL. This really speed things up

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Never used a Waveeditor. Lives editor is dumbproof. You can doeverything so easy.

8. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

not everything, i use waveeditor to mp3 a record to send it to a friend of mine ;)

9. davpat

davpat Newbie

OK cheers ganja. ill have to slice to midi theres a few options and youu can get pretty creative, ive noticed a lot of beatport tunes techno minimal they must slice to midi u can tell. because in the transitions when a track is ready to burst they must turn the makro knobs so wierd efects hapen.
    thanx again mate