Can Band In a Box be moved to an external drive?

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Philman, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

Band In a Box defaults to the C:Drive. Once its installed, can I move it to an external drive and point the computer to the new path? Then, if it works, can I remove it from the C: Drive?

Has anyone done this? Any problems, or am I missing anything?

Thanks!!

3. Peter Klausener

Peter Klausener Ultrasonic

You can install BiaB on any harddrive, that is connected to your computer (internal or external). During installation choose Option 3 (Installing BiaB on internal harddrive). Seems a bit confusing, but during installation process you may choose the installation path to any connected hd.
    For more information see this video:
    especially from around 4:30.

4. littlewierdo

littlewierdo Kapellmeister

It is portable, does not need to be installed. The only thing you will have to do is point BIAB to where the realtracks and realdrums are installed, as well as any additional PG Music programs you installed, such as realband. Options->Preferences then hit the Realdrums and Realtracks buttons to find the setting for changing the paths.

5. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

Thank you, gentlemen. Your answers are way more comprehensive than I expected. I really appreciate your expertise, and your willingness to share it. Thanks!!