Can anyone help me troubleshoot my network/system preferences & configurations problems on Mojave?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by CharlieCrizzle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

Dont know how but i really messed up my network/system configurations somehow. Every time i click on the network icon in the toolbar or preferences, i get the spinning beach ball. Actions take extremely long to take place. Many times i will get the message that system preferences is not responding. Whenever I start up my system or wake it up, I get extreme cpu spikes from Configd and SystemUIServer in activity monitor. Sometimes Airportd will have extreme cpu spikes as well. Fans are at full blast when these processes are going on as well.
    After a few minutes things calm down and seem like they are back to normal, but whenever starting up or trying to mess with those network preferences, all hell seems to break loose . If anyone could help me troubleshoot how i fucked up i would be extremely grateful. Thanks

3. I'd do a Command R restart. You won't lose anything but you may clean out the bugs. And don't worry it will just reinstall Mojave.

4. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

If what Lenny said for the PRAM reset doesn't work I'd back up and reinstall but hopefully, this will clear it up.