can anyone help installing fab filter cracks on mojave pro tools 11

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Mr Swordhold, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Mr Swordhold

Mr Swordhold Newbie

i desperately want to install them and i drag and drop the files (no aax files in any of the downloads ive found) and it never works, same with waves. anyone here managed to install any waves or FabFilter cracks on mojave? any help for a noob??

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

if you have pt11 legit version you can't use any modified (binary patched) aax plugins. all latest fabfilter plugins are modified.

hum... search better.

4. LeviD

LeviD Ultrasonic

Waves and FabFilter will both work with Mojave.

Waves + AAX = YES!
    FabFilter + AAX = NO!
    FabFilter + AU, VST, VST3 = YES!

To have FabFilter (AU, VST, VST3) work within Pro Tools you must use something like 'Blue Cat Patchworks.'

On another note, you say you're using PT11 with Mojave? How in the fuck does that even work? PT v11.3.2 last supported OS was Yosemite 10.10.5.

I'm aware there are methods of installing older software onto newer OS', I've done this myself. It always turns out to be a nightmare in one way or another. If you have it working, bug-free, then good for you, but it doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I think some people have successfully installed PT 10 on Mojave. Don't ask me how, and I also have no idea how buggy it might be. I have legit PT 12.8.1 on Mojave and that's not supposed to run on anything higher than Sierra. Support-wise, it doesn't. Also, the installer won't let you install in Mojave, so if I have to re-install for any reason, I'll either have to restore from TM or pony up about $699 for a new "perpetual license" and download the latest version. But it does run just fine in Mojave. Catalina might be a different story.

I get the impression that maybe the OP doesn't know a whole lot about Macs or what OS he's actually running ... or where anything's supposed to go