Can a music file have all information?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Niruvana, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

If I create a song using any DAW and VST plug-ins, does the file show all information such as which DAW and plug-ins I used, which version I used?

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I doubt that very much!

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

No.
    Wav files can contain metadata, but you don't insert what DAW and plugins were used. No need to be paranoid.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Best Answer
    I assume you are talking wav/aiff/mp3 or whatever your export file type is, because "music files" can be anything. All these files can contain metadata info, which is set by the last program in chain, or by yourself to fill your title/authors/artists/copyright.. fields in (e.g., open a sample pack like Vengeance and look a the wav file - there is all the (c) info)

Although DAWs (that I know) don't fill the "program name" field when exporting, it'd be possible. Like, if you open a .jpg file with Photoshop and save it, the file (metadata) by default will show the Adobe program info.

You can easily edit or delete the metadata. If you want to get rid of all of it (on a win machine), right-click on the file, go to Details -> Remove properties and personal information, and choose Create a copy with all possible properties removed. It's probably something similar on Mac. Plugins used? ..naaah :no:

6. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Thanks!