Camtasia Studio can't export mov

Discussion in 'Working with Video' started by Mostwest, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Hi guys, How is going?? I'm having some trouble exporting my video recording to MOV format. the problem is that if i export it .mp4 i get some colors degradation, on Youtube is still 720p, but i would like to go to 1080p with right colors. When i try to export to move i got an error at 50% of the exporting saying file "error (-43)" i did some research and i found that stands for "lacking of codec" so i installed again Camtasia 8.3 with no luck, tried also with Camtasia 8.4.4 (latest version with no luck). So i installed Quick Time from Apple site, downloaded and installed the codec from Techsmith (developer site) but no luck. Anyone experienced this issue??

this is the video i'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRw0j3Q7nnc

3. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

I use only version 8.0.4...all other versions (upper ones of course) lack this VERY important option.

It allows you to extract the avi or mov content without having to resize or recompress your video... :dancing:
    and you can export 4000 pixels wide video...which you can't do when using the regular "produce" workflow

[​IMG]

4. mono

mono Audiosexual

if 8.0.4 dont work for you ,you can save the .trec file to your desktop and rename it from say

capture-1.trec to capture-1.mp4 and see if that works

the file will play in vlc but not sure about youtube ?

or after renameing the file to mp4 from trec

open the vid useing WinX HD and use that to convert them again to mp4,mov ect and still use version 8.4.4 to record your screen,

if you have some mp4 you want to edit in Camtasia you could rename them to trec from mp4 so Camtasia can read them, but not 100% on that do.

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/15719-winx-hd-video-converter-deluxe-for-win-mac-100-off/page__p__104466__hl__winx__fromsearch__1#entry104466

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

thanks guys for the answers, is it possible to install 2 versions of Camtasia on the same PC??

6. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

camtasia studio it is easy to use but it seems it is badly coded......
    and no 64x ? daamnn

7. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Best Answer
    Sorry i didn't post it but i was able to solve the problem: Installing an older release fix things.

8. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Absolutely, I’m stuck with an older version because lsm features fail miserably in newer versions.