Camel Audio Alchemy [MAC]

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by M McB, Sep 4, 2020.

1. M McB

M McB Producer

Hi, I've installed the most recent CA Alchemy from the sister site and spend the longg time manually installing the presets from phatboy. When finally going to use this on LPX, the vst is black with no GUI. There was no issue with the component passing the validation and the VST works as intended on FL Studio. However the AU version does the same thing when opened in FL so it is a problem with the .component file. I've tried reinstalling, re uncompressing with multiple programs (Keka etc).

Anyone had this issue? I'm on Mojave as I don't trust what Catolina will do to my vsts lol.

Thanks

Attached Files:

3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Yes, all the old Camel plugins do this (as well as some other plugins), most likely from using old, outdated frameworks that no longer work on modern systems (particularly under LPX 10.5.x). (I think I recall it was something to do with Open GL plugins being unsupported.)

If you want to continue using old plugins, you must continue using old OS's and not update, you can't have both...

(Note: modern versions of all the Camel plugins are in LPX anyway, why run Alchemy 1.5 when Alchemy 2.x is already in Logic and is much better (*and* still loads all the old v1.x patches)..?)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  4. M McB

M McB Producer

Hi thanks for the reply, I see... that's a shame. I don't really like Alchemy since Apple had its hands on it, except for sampling 808s really. I may compromise and create over in FL and export as a workaround then.