Camel Audio Alchemy loop markers bug

Discussion in 'Software' started by clown, Oct 31, 2014.

1. clown

clown Newbie

Hello, guys

How's it going?
    Let me go straight to the point...
    Do any of you Alchemy users have issues defining the loop points in Alchemy's Source Editor? I can't move any nor add loop points by clicking and dragging. Nothing happens. Still in the Source Editor, there's the option to spread markers along the sample by clicking on File > Mark "X" slices; that adds loop points in the beginning and end of a sample, but I'm still unable to drag the markers around.
    Am I missing something here? Is this release really that buggy? Sadly, the lack of this feature makes Alchemy useless to me.
    I'm on a Mac, 10.9.4, using Team VR's version 1.25.
    Anyway, as i couldn't find an answer anywhere, I'm starting to think it might have to do with the fact that this release, as well as the others that followed, is a modded Alchemy Player. It's been said that the functionalities between the Player the and Full are roughly the same, but I guess the limitations begin to show as you dive deeper into editing, which is my case. What do you guys think?

Any comment on this will be highly appreciated.

Cheers! :wink:

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

simple answere , buy Alchemy full and you will be surprised that it works

4. floond

floond Platinum Record

Take a peak in the online manual, it's actually quite decent :
    http://www.camelaudio.com/alchemymanual/source/source-edit/

For one, warp markers and loop points aren't the same. You can't add additional loop points, there is just two: loop start and loop end. The File -> Mark X slices option adds warp markers (used when morphing between sounds). I sense you aren't seeing these. On the left side of the Source Editor, under Display, set Show Markers to All. This will show you both the two loop points and all the warp markers. To move a point, you have to click near the top of the marker, right next to its label.
    (If they still won't move, look into the Snap X setting.)

5. clown

clown Newbie

I had tried all of that, spent a while reading the manual too, very useful. however, the problem was actually simpler: if one imports a reasonably long sample, the loop markers are placed on the middle-to-end part of the waveform. and because browsing through the waveform is a somewhat awkward in alchemy, i would always skip the markers. anyway, problem solved. everything seems to be working fine.

thanks for your input, floond!

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I highly recommend Groove3's Alchemy Explained video, really great tutorial and an example of how it's done. *yes*

7. clown

clown Newbie

did watch it too, catalyst :wink: it's indeed great!
    problem was really the awkward scrolling, i kept going back and fourth, but would never spot the loop markers.
    now it's all solved. thank you you, too, for trying to help!

8. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Not a Mac user but I am a Alchemy owner. Pretty much what everybody else posted is spot on unless you go out and buy it, The latest version addressed a few of the problems you are having BUT at the end of the day, it's just another softsynth and of course there will be bugs and features that you wish were included.