Camel Audio Alchemy Libraries

Discussion in 'Software' started by mlb4sheaz, Jan 25, 2015.

1. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

Time to bump this thread up again, i think. We've got two releases sorted so far.

Alchemy Player Expanded consists of the factory soundbank, modified and bundled together with Alchemy Player to allow anyone to use the 1.50 soundbanks even if they don't have a legit copy of Alchemy.

Complete Soundbanks Part 1 is the first half of the collection comprising 14 banks and should be public at some time today. Hopefully we'll get a bit more interest and either some more donations or people sharing what they can. Ideally part 2 will follow soon with the remaining 15.

Once again, if anyone has anything to contribute to the collection, please send me a message either here or on AZ.

edit: there was a problem with the listing, the soundbanks will take a couple more days.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. segglyuk

segglyuk Kapellmeister

Alchemy 1:25 and 1:55 player running simultaneously, side by side in the DAW (Cubase)?

3. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

I'm not sure about running them side by side, i haven't tried. I would suggest installing the plugin and data to a different location than your current install, then rename the .dll and move it into your plugin folder.

4. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

hi phatboy303, thänx really a lot, you do such a great work. camel audio stops short before i want to buy alchemy, because its one of my favorite synths. so when you start this great project i have hope again to use it. Good luck for your wonderful sharing and best wishes from berlin

5. XzaviDaaz

XzaviDaaz Kapellmeister

Hello there.

This is very nice of you ppl to share since Camel Audio (Homepage.) is nowhere to be seen.
    Even tho i just use the Player Edition and never got to buy the fullversion of this plugin.

And thank you :
    dkny

(For the tip on how to rename the files to be used with Alchemy Plr & full.)

Cheers!
    /XzaviDaaz - Sweden

6. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Thanks so much phatboy303!

7. XzaviDaaz

XzaviDaaz Kapellmeister

Yes i forgot to put it there (Sorry) OFC BIG! Thanks! :wink:
    phatboy303

8. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Guys just a silly question, I saw the Alchemy 1.55 post but been reading in comments several problems (which doesn't exactly means the posted thing works bad). But my question is if by installing this 1.55 I won't lose all the presests I have with the 1.25 version.
    Great work btw!

9. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

I would backup and move your Alchemy data directory first, i'm not sure its possible to have both together at the same time, by default it will try to install into the same place. Player 1.55 will not work with the older version presets without modifying them either so it might just be better to wait till the new soundbanks are up.

I don't know why the problems reported are occurring, i've tested it on a clean Windows install and its fine so i guess it may be due to the previous version perhaps. I've only ever used this one and legit full 1.55 so i can't say for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. djlight78

djlight78 Member

Thank you very much for doing this.

11. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

Hi Phatboy303, thänx again for everythink you do for us. great, that you now start to share the new 1.5 libs. One question, in which way i can change the 1.25 libs like Arp Dimensions to use in 1.55? Thänx for all, best wishes

12. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I was wondering the very same question...

Anyone can answer this?

13. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

I try it with open one preset and delete the author line and copy the user... tasteofcamel, like explained, but i have the error in the preset when try to open [line 6 is corrupt].

14. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

I have been using the 1.25 libraries within my legit Alchemy 1.55 by simply inserting the
    UserData = AlchemyTasteOfCamel||||||||||||
    stuff on line after
    Author=

So lets take Bigtone preset Arped Splattering.acp. Open it with your text editor (or whatever) and edit it to look like this...

<alchemypreset>
    Version = 42
    Name = Arped Splattering
    Product = AlchemyBigTone
    Author = Nico Herz
    UserData = AlchemyTasteOfCamel||||||||||||
    PresetId = 492
    ...snip

And now it will work within Alchemy 1.55 and probably the player version (though I have not tested the player version)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

BTW, I have one of the libraries that are still missing. Will have to find my original files when I get back home (half a week)

16. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I won't be benefitting from your work to get this done. But, I appreciate seeing this. I commend you and send gratitude for all you're doing, on behalf of myself and the community. Job well done!

17. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

These guys all deserve thanks too:

floond, dkny, Atick, kgtalkinbeatz, mlb4sheaz, KabukiMan-Sanjo, fup4000

As you can see now, the initial plan to release a bundle as "part 1" didn't happen. Being an incomplete collection, it wasn't really in keeping with AZ rules. Listing them individually will take a bit more time but it shouldn't be too long, there are another seven ready to go that will be done within the next week. There's also a few more on my drive that need a bit more effort to get working.

Of course if anyone wishes to donate more, send me a message. But please, only legit ones for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

Registered Alchemy owners used to have access to a user library area on Camel's website. Does anybody happen to have backups of the stuff that was on there? I have some but not all of it.

19. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

What do you need? i backed up everthing except my licenses. :(
    I own Alchemy and a library.

Maybe someone know where to find the license file for Alchemy? (and maybe also for the library), i am on OSX and it is installed and working of course.

PS; Could the license be integrated in the installer's i backed up from my account?

20. phatboy303

phatboy303 Ultrasonic

There is no license file. The license is the watermark in the plugin itself.