Calling drummers & samplists I need this specific Crash Cym?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by belinea2010, Aug 15, 2020.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

So I have spent actual hours going through every sample CD and other sources trying to find the crash cymbal used on beat one of the bar - its from Tone Loc - Funky Cold Media from 1989.

Because it was made in 1989 the crash cym is most likely a sample or a drum machine and I have gone through the usual like the TR 909 and 808 but you gng may hear something I could not.

I cant find it so I thought if anyone could it would be you guys n gals!

In the audio sample the first bar is from the song and the second bar I have removed the guitar as best I could in Spectralayers...

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Maybe a TR-626 cymbal tuned up?
    That's a very thin cymbal.

4. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

The break was taken from the rolling stones Honky Tonk Women vut i'm not sure if it's the drum set or the studio that makes it sound that way.Like Smoove Groove said, it sounds thin.

Anyways the actual drumset used was a Gretsch. Not sure of the actual type but it's a good place to start.
    It also could have been the room at Olympic Studio or just the way it was mixed. Honestly, Addictive Drums ,ight have what you're looking for. (it's super dope to me)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Yeah the drum pattern was copied from Honky Tonk Woman (although not the actual drum sounds) and the cowbell pattern was copied for sure but again the ones on Honky Tonk sound different in pitch and tone.

I have found a Instrumental on a Funky Cold Medina CD single that has just the beats and Crash (without the guitar) so it can be clearly heard.

Have a listen here but on laptop speakers is sounds rubbish..