Cakewalk playing wrong notes only in piano roll

Discussion in 'DAW' started by coigne, Dec 28, 2021.

1. coigne

coigne Newbie

Hello everyone.

I have this problem where instead of C3 it's playing C1 but only in the piano roll. walk.gif

please help me

Thanks

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Some ideas:

This is often caused by a combination of two settings. 1. Always Echo Current MIDI Track is enabled (the default). As a result, inputs set to None areautomatically switched to "All Tracks > Omni" when the track is given focus. Instead of not list
    https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index....ab-makes-notes-play-for-the-wrong-instrument/

MIDI/Piano Roll now playing incorrect notes
    Do you happen to have a MIDI keyboard attached and enabled during playback? It may be transmitting pitch information to your playback track. If you have a pitch wheel, move it during playback and see if changes the pitch of your bass notes. If it does, the connected keyboard may be the cause. Disconnect it and/or remove it in preferences to see if it resolves the issue.
    www.reddit.com/r/Cakewalk/comments/mx9ixx/midipiano_roll_now_playing_incorrect_notes/

Piano roll notes are off key with MIDI import
    You might want to check the TRACK PANE to see that the KEY # widget hasn't been changed to +1 . You can easily select that whole track and transpose - if the key notes are actually not correct. If they are correct in piano roll view but playing back a semi tone sharp then it's likely that something is transposing it upwards one note. Cake walks MIDI playback has been rock solid since well before the turn of the century.
    https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/14154-piano-roll-notes-are-off-key-with-midi-import/

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

THANKS BRO this also happen too me in studio one but now i know what to do now that i seen the solutions u provided

5. coigne

coigne Newbie

Thank you beat16

I literally had to change the key to 24 for it to act normal. something I would have to do every time I load it up
    crawl.png

& cakewalk aren't allowing people to create an account to get through to tech support

I'm sad cakewalk looks promising

6. coigne

coigne Newbie

Got it

run.png

Base Octave for Pitches. There is no industry standard for numbering octaves. By default, Cakewalk calls MIDI note 0 (the lowest possible note) C0. The Yamaha FB-01, for example, shows MIDI note 0 as C-2 (C negative 2). To match Cakewalk to that standard, set Base Octave to –2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

crappiest Daw out there also has a plastic sound to it

8. J Frank Badass

J Frank Badass Ultrasonic

plastic sound lol

9. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

Plastic sound ? lol how is that sir