Cakewalk by BandLab - My test by Safran

Discussion in 'DAW' started by safran5020, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

Thanks, just found the separate download on sister site :wink:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Someone earlier mentioned this. I think the musing was that perhaps the BandLab version tries to phone home since their other offerings are cloud based.

3. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

Yes that was me saying that in reply #6.
    So I wanted to know if I'm the only one or everyone who tried or switch to Bandlab have noticed the same thing.

4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@safran502, apologies, didn't realize that you were trying to determine if anyone else had shared that experience.
    Perhaps @Jaymz will chime in on this. I haven't took the plunge with the new BandLab version yet.

5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hello dear @safran5020!

Thank you for so much information!

Just in time, I'd like to know what you think about the Staff View (or Notation Editor) included in this new Cakewalk from BandLab:

It seems to me one of the DAWs with some good tools for notation, although I do not hear anyone confirming (as far as I know, the best ones in this category are Cubase and Logic).

Is there any significant improvement or it remains basely the same? Is it possible to import and export Music XML? What do you think about these notation tools available in it? Do you find these features better than those offered by Reaper or MAGIX Samplitude Pro X3 Suite? Can we select more than one directory/folder with VSTs/VSTIs?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Sequoia is quiet good at it too.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  7. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hello dear Olymoon! Thanks for your feedback pal. This info is really new to me, 'cos a colleague using Sequoia told me that the two notation engines are pretty much the same. From what I could check here, it seems to me that cakewalk has more options:

In addition, he told me that it's not possible to select more than one VSTs/VSTIs directory/folder in MAGIX Samplitude Pro X3. Besides, I really don't think about using Sequoia because the price is extremely high).

Also, another DAW with great notation features is Digital Performer, but this one looks like it's not very well liked by you guys here at Audioz!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  8. Noprays

Noprays Member

tha's the real question behind all this..

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I dont know if cakewalk can do this, but one thing I really like with sequoia is that you can select and edit several track at once. Which make orchestration much easier.
    On the other side, I must say that I am more interested by the edition and clarity for composing, than by the export staff features.

I will have to try Cakewalk again.. Last time I tried, it was crashing too often.
    But before I do, I will wait to see what these Bandlab guys have in mind.