Cakewalk by BandLab - My test by Safran

Discussion in 'DAW' started by safran5020, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I have installed this version aswell and as you have stated their has been some bug fixes since last Gibson release and all is working stellar for me on my machine...no problems loading any old projects... for me this updated BandLab Cakewalk version runs very smooth \m/ im sure in the future updates for this will only get better... Some of the old Gibson Cakewalk/Sonar crew are now onboard with BandLab to continue development of this classic DAW \m/

2. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I'm installing Cakewalk on my system.
    I didn't have tried Sonar in the past.It is scanning my 959 plugins with some problems with activations...
    I will give my thoughts about it later.

Edit: 2735 plugins. I must uninstall some of them...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. TW

TW Guest

Does anybody know what prochannel modules got "released" ? ...cough

Are theese all? Which are missing?
    [​IMG]

4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@SquareDjay, I hit "funny" cause I'm right there with you plugin-wise. Too much demoing and not deleting.
    I'm hoping my next build will stay a little cleaner!

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Their is 3rd party Pro Channel fx from Boz, Softube to name a few... all excluded from BandLab Release but are on sister site or around on the web ;)

6. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

I haven't found some of them on sister site like the Prochanel Concrete Limiter for example...

Probably the cool stuff they removed once they make arrangement with the third party companies :dunno:
    But I am sure they have a plan.

7. TW

TW Guest

Me neither thats why i asked. I only found the Boz Panipulator, bark of dog and the PC4K gate. No concrete limiter, No pc4k channel compressor and no softube modules. May i ask which softube release have the prochannel modules included?
    I also checked out Boz +10db releases, but i have not found pro channel modules.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018
  8. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I'm not sure just know some of them was on sister site in past....I own Sonar Platinum for many years...but I'm pretty sure i have every pro channel plugin from all devs....ill check an see what I have wen I get to my studio later...I'm not positive but I believe most of them have been on sister site in the past...they around somewhere if not ;) also I pretty sure the latest softube sister release has the pro channels...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

bro on your channels the stock compressor is loaded by defalt >>> HINT >>> if its full you have to right click in the stock comp and select replace module... if you select add it wont show up ;)

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Channel Pro channel.png Bus Pro Channel.png From my install of bandlab... but pro channel fx is what i have installed from Sonar Platinum payed version...everything here in on the scene tho... one is Channel other shot is Bus

11. safran5020

I see you are also missing Prochanel Concrete Limiter http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/ProChannel-Concrete-Limiter

I am also missing :
    - Plus 10 db Compressor
    - Plus 10 db Equalizer

Well I have the Plus 10 db pair from sister site but not the ProChanel version as shown here at the button of the page
    https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/10db

12. Audiozer

Audiozer Kapellmeister

It's FREE.

Like the Zuckerberg and his free trip to the capital today.

They want your melodies. You don't leave them before sleep... they'll be back...

Submarine... sonar-like. It'll be a cakewalk!

13. Boosire

Boosire Producer

Drugs are bad

14. TW

TW Guest

No nothing on the channel but the eq. But thanks for the advice. :bow:

Ok i got the softube and +10db Modules working now.

In case sombody has simillar problems.

Softube - I had to reinstall the bundle. I dont know why, but now the prochannels are working.
    +10db - use the seperate installers for compressor and EQ ( not the +10db installer). The seperate installers have an option for the prochannel modules.

still searching the pc4k channel compressor and the concrete limiter. probably not released ...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
  15. Audiozer

Audiozer Kapellmeister

So is bamboo, without a belly like yooooooooo

16. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

pity on MacOS in CrossOver it crashes on error:
    "Unhandled exception: unimplemented function vcruntime140.dll._get_purecall_handler called in 64-bit code"

17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Right on bro ! >>> on the latest release ;)>>>>install of the Plus 10 db Comp and Eq single installers their is an option to select what you wana install... the Pro Channel for each is one of the options \m/ 3 installers for the release... one for the bundle...and 2 more installers for the single Comp and Eq... its in the single installers to be more clear ;) EDIT>>> i just now noticed TW said this in his post above lol

18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

you are right @safran5020 the concrete comp was never released it was with expanded version of Sonar x1 >>> if their was ever a release of Sonar x1 Expanded these 2 guys are in it ;) pc4k channel comp and Concrete limiter i have it on a Disk i purchased im gona install on old machine and check haha

@TW Hey bro wen i purchased Sonar Pro x1 many years ago the stock channel compressor was the pc4k channel compressor ... loaded on every channel ;) ill double check wen i get time but i have every version of Sonar all the way back to #1 lol i have 9 of them on original disks i received threw the mail lol

19. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Mine installed, see for yourself.
    I can only like you, go on what it installed on mine. I did not have it prior to installation. I prefer other synths so it is no biggie anyway.
    In saying that perhaps while we all would hope it installs identically for everyone, perhaps it does not?

upload_2018-4-12_13-21-40.png

20. safran5020

Do you guys notice a longer opening time when launching the program compared to latest Platinum version?
    I notice a well counted 10 sec longer on Bandlab on a win 7 i5 pc.