Cableguys update and news

Discussion in 'Software' started by Talmi, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Just got this in my mail :
    Cableguys Newsletter

[​IMG]
    Out now: VolumeShaper 4.2 and PanShaper 1.1
    Many of you asked for it: The bands in VolumeShaper and PanShaper can now have their independent settings for their LFO and Mix controls.
    A solid sidechain curve on the beat in the low end, a fast 16th gate in the high frequencies in VolumeShaper, or some fluid effects in PanShaper: The independent LFO settings allow more flexible editing, while the independent Mix controls improve fine-tuning the effect of the curves.
    Plus, PanShaper now also works on mono channels and turns them into stereo (if your DAW support this; Logic does for example, after a rescan in Logic's Plugin Manager).
    Find out more.

Until May 2 only: VolumeShaper 40% off
    It's the first time that we do a discount on VolumeShaper 4, and it saves you almost 40%.
    Get it now for €19 / $24!

"VolumeShaper is an exciting tool in my arsenal; acting as an envelope designer to really hone in on the dynamics and punch of a song. It's also the perfect sidechainer, I've always ended up taking ages to get my compressor attack and release times right when sidechaining. VolumeShaper gets the perfect result pretty much immediately. Then there's also the more creative uses, triggering the gate with syncopated MIDI, drawing a mad wave for glitchy modulation... glorious."
    — Rik Simpson (Coldplay, Jay Z, Kasabian)

Watch the video and download a fully functional trial:
    http://www.cableguys.com/volume-shaper.html

Best wishes from Hamburg and Berlin,
    Cableguys

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Fix image links... :)

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Done !

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Purchased. Thank you @Talmi for the news about the discount. Beastly deal

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I like those Cableguys guys ! It was already a terrific plugin, the upgrade make it a must have specially with this price tag...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Yo, this looks like it's exactly what you'd want to use. Are you glad you bought it disregarding the price?

And, there's a demo? Downloading... Probably buying soon, too.

8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'm at work. Haven't even tried it yet. I never tried the warez version because of the stupid graphic glitch that used to happen with the crack. By the time someone posted a fix I'd already said screw it and uninstalled it. But just based on what it's capable of doing (and the nice clear interface) hell yes I'm happy I bought it. The multiband sidechaining will banish my old sidechaining practices to obsolescence. I have traditionally not been a huge fan of broadband sidechaining when I have a bass with lots of HF content. I do it sometimes but often prefer not to. The Ableton multiband compressor kind of works for these purposes but not really. Ultimately, I'd usually end up setting up an effect rack where I solo the low end and throw a sidechain compressor behind it, then solo the rest of the spectrum and leave it be. Volumeshaper really makes that seem unwieldy and arhcaic.

So yeah, I'm glad I bought it. I bought Panshaper too. I wasn't aware it had multiband width control. That's another plugin that will serve the purpose of at least two or three that I use right now.

9. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Yeah, I actually didn't download the demo. I was watching the Hands-on video which sold me. I just bought it. That's what hit me, I saw how easily it made what what we want to do by simplifying the steps and saving time. Definitely a winner.

10. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

@Cav Emp, as for your signature, I went through that (as you may remember). I didn't feel at home with Logic, yet. So, I'm trying Ableton to see how it fits. It calls me back to a time long ago when I used FL with it's step sequencer. Yet, it's different, and it's not far off from how I use Maschine. So, we'll see. I'm just learning my way around, now. I can see why you like it with Push. I just want to get ideas out sometimes. While it's simplistic design doesn't inspire me greatly, it isn't so big that it's a hinderance.

11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I find the simplistic design to be one of its best selling points. It's just laughably easy to find out what's going on with everything, and if you are ever unsure, there's the little info window (which opens and closes with keyboard shortcut "?" - how nifty is that) Sometimes I see FL Studio and get a little jealous, with that crazy fast pattern painting and tabbing through windows, but Live has lots of charms. I love brainstorming in session mode. Compare and contrast different combinations of ideas until you find the right pattern and then usher it onto the Arrange screen.

And yeah man I love Push. But I love all the stuff I use. It boggles me how musicians are so hard to please when it comes to software. Sometimes I think about what I'm actually doing, and what 'tools' (see: toys) I'm actually using, and I just think, "this stuff is a fucking miracle". I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that dudes who find problems with all the stuff they use are really just unhappy with their own music/creativity/process

12. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Got the complete package :)

13. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I probably couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. I'm personally not finding problems, except for the reasons I stop solely using PT. I thought I had every Error Code known to man until I got the next one~. Now, I am looking for the best fit, and that shows how miraculous what you pointed out is. I have so many options that I have to simply close my eyes to some of them!

That info window has been such a helpful tool. I probably learned 90% about Live through it. This supports your opinion that the simplicity is one of the best selling points. I'll let you know how I grow. I like how fast I've been able to hit the ground running, I'll tell you that.

OP, my bad for jacking the thread. ;) Thanks for the Cableguys post, @Talmi!

14. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

May 1st, 2016 - Bugfix update:
    ■ VolumeShaper 4.2.1
    ■ PanShaper 1.1.1

Last week's update introduced a bug with certain settings when using the One-Shot LFO modes in VolumeShaper or PanShaper. This is fixed now. Please download the latest version from the products page or from your user account.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

16. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Man I hate their website. I can't change my password from the gibberish they assigned to me and I can't set it to remember me.

Edit: Shiiiit I just realized I can upgrade to the bundle for $153. That's bad ass. Cableguys bundle is in my future

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  17. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Cable guys bundle is really good.
    Curve2 community presets is a great idea too and I have even recognised a few user names from here :)

18. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Cableguys PanShaper - Review (Dan Worrall)

Last edited: May 7, 2016