Buying pads

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by japaluis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. japaluis

japaluis Noisemaker

Hello, have you ever tried those devices: Akai LPD8/Korg NanoPad 2. I want to buy some pads from programming drums and I'm looking at those two. If you have any experience with those, I'd be happy to read them

Thanks in advance
    Take care!

3. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

4. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

5. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

no for real KorgpadKontrol is the shit or any Akai Mpk for more knobs controls and keys. I have a Openlabs Neko LX5 it has pads but i still use my mpk49 and KorgPadKontrol for different approaches. Thank you

Fee for info: $29.95 or buy one and make some bangin shit!!! :thumbsup:

6. obscure

obscure Newbie

I use the nanopad 1. It's a reliable piece of gear, even though it's cheap. But only it's pads are useful.

Even so, that's fine. Be aware though that there are only 8 pads you can use at a time, even though you have scene switching. That may be an issue with some people, but not me, since I don't usually use more than 8 percussive elements in a track anyways. Even if you do, you wouldn't be able to program them all in at once, so 8 pads is perfect, then I switch scenes for more drums I have chosen in my vsti, or I use another instance of the drum vsti I am using, and don't bother with scenes.

I recommend it if you're just looking for pads to use.