Buying Followers or Organic Growth?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Nimbuss, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

I came across an interview of a small artist who seems to have a hit record which is now on 2million views on Soundcloud. What I found interesting is that he was in the same boat as many of us (The under 1000 Plays club) for every other song on his profile.

My question is, does the Soundcloud search engine sometimes give artists that lucky break? Other reasons that could've blown the song up could be mass advertising via a bigger digital marketing company + Radio campaigns etc?

Reasons why I bring this up, is because the stats add up strangely.

Plays: 1.99Mil, Likes: 1,355?, Comments: 89?, Reposts: 210?, Followers: 20?, (Are these numbers off?) Or is this a common engagement rate for a high listen count?

Internet wizards and digital advertisers, please share some insight :guru:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

he sold his soul to the devil :)

Jokes apart, the numbers seems way off indeed.

You could try to contact the artist ad ask him, if he is willing to respond, so speculations could be avoided

4. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

Great way to send your 777th message :bow: Yeah I doubt he would say anything other than ' hard work will always pay off '

5. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Well, they hacked NASA, so Soundcloud should not pose a problem for someone that is into it...
    That would be the first thing I would think about in this case,

But it can be anything... It can be genuine too

The thing that catches my eye is the 1.99 mio
    ...what happens when You reach 2 mio views ?

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

It started on myspace and continued with youtube, soundcloud.
    Bots for adding friends/music counter, etc.
    Back in the day you could find programmers selling Friend Adders and similar programs to inflate the views.

Is it cheating?Yea it is, but then again, most of the bands back then in the myspace top 10 used that program.
    Five finger death punch and all those bands used it back when they were small.
    Most youtube big names use it to add big numbers to their plays.
    They are basically bots working all day on your computer.

Its hard to get noticed with all the shit today, hard for real talent to get noticed.
    I know a lot of stuff because i spent a lot of time investigating what works and what doesnt work.

But in the end you still have to have some quality stuff to monetize on this, otherwise its pointless.
    You have to have a plan and very good material, at least sound wise if not content wise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

Haha Mission complete!

Very true, I guess with the right marketing mix you could kickstart your career, after all the internet is the Wild Wild West

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You can play the moral card and say not me.....but the reality is, time flies, now youre young tomorrow youre and old man.
    This is the reality.
    Also this kind of cheating, at least in the beginning is not really cheating, because unlike many of those big names, you dont have a strong financial backing, so you kind of use it as a strategical move to boost your career.
    In the end, man has to eat, man has to feed his children and its still better to use these kind of tools than to starve.
    Its a jungle out there, many hungry artists, people who will betray you for 10$.People who will lie to you, just so they can use you and abuse you.
    You have to do what is neccessary as long as you dont resolve to real crime.
    Be a man of integrity yet be willing to use some shortcuts if necessary.
    Being a man of honor doesnt mean that you have to be stupid.

9. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List