Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by jefft, Feb 18, 2019.

1. jefft

jefft Producer

I've been contemplating buying a NI Maschine Mikro to compliment my midi studio. I'm currently running Win 10, with Studio One 4, Omnishpere 2, Bfd 2, (all legit ), a few non legit synths including a portable version of NI Kontakt and a couple of external guitar processors. All through a focuswrite Saphire pro 40. My main form of inputing stuff is via an Akai mpk 61.
    Now what would I gain from purchasing this?
    1 Could I use the Maschine and the supplied software, on my studio PC as described above,
    2 Could I use the Maschine and the supplied software, on my home PC as well, I.e can I have two installs from one purchase?
    3 Can I run the Maschine as both a VST pluggin in Studio One, and as a standalone on the same PC.
    4 I have several non legit synths ie Dune and Slynth, can I use these via the Maschine Mikro.
    Any thoughts on this matter from any similar setups, would help me to decide to buy or not. Also any advice on this would be helpful TIA

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    i have maschine MK1 but same should apply..

4. jefft

jefft Producer

Thanks for that E.C.R. that's set my mind to rest, as an extra thought do you use your Macshine as a controller, if so, with relation to the N.I. software can you use the PC mouse at the same time as using the controller controllers, if that makes any sense. I am led to understand that the Mikro is a cut down version of the Maschine, so where controllers are missing on the Mikro can I use the PC mouse to adjust the software, ie slicing samples. Thanks once again for your help

5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I am thinking about selling my maschine since studio one can do anything and more since version or how do you use machine in conjunction with studio one ? what advantage does it give you over just using Impact / SampleOne ? Slicing ?