Buy M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by milomila89, Jul 18, 2016.

?

Buy M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface

1. Buy M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Buy M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. milomila89

milomila89 Newbie

HI all, m new in this forum. I know M-Audio stop making M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control anymore. I wonder it have in stock some where that i can buy new one? thz sorry for my bad English.

3. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

I don't own Trigger Finger but judging from other reviews it isn't so special. I'm sure M-Audio stopped manufacturing it because of poor sales.
    If you want to try finger drumming or live performance, I'd recommend Akai MPC/MPD products or Novation Launch series. They are well made and have a fair pricing and compatibility with almost every music software.

Oh, and I think @Cav Emp has a Trigger Finger. maybe he can tell you more about it.

EDIT: your link is for the previous gen/model. You should be checking out the Pro version found here:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I like the pads on it, so if that's what you want it's probably a pretty good value. It's really not very intuitive for controlling your DAW though. It does have a bundled VST interface with a really nice drum & FX library that works pretty well with it, but don't count on controlling much else with it.

TBH if you're looking for anything more than a nice set of pads, I'd recommend you get something else. But if you're set on a TFP I'd sell you mine for $50 plus whatever it costs to ship it. Only catch is I want to keep the synth that came with it (which, since I have Push 2, is worth far more to me than the controller itself). You can have the rest of the bundled software no problem.

I already had a Push when I got it, so I barely used it, even for the pads. It was just an impulse buy based on the fact it dropped to $150 from nearly $400. Of course now I know they did that because they didn't intend to keep supporting it for long.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Cav Emp would that be Hybrid3.. ? someone could find that elsewhere anyway eh?

6. milomila89

milomila89 Newbie

THz Amirious, Cav Emp for reply. My goal is want learn finger drumming? so what should i buy? my budget around 100-200$?

7. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

As a primary controller its no good, but as a toy add on its alright.

I just use mine as a step sequencer for Studio One, but my main controller is a Max49.

Its got a lot of quirks like the fact that the encoders and buttons cant receive midi info so they jump unless you use MCU (which I use just for sends)

As a step sequencer it cant be beat, 64 steps x 64 tracks (16 pads 4 banks) not to mention you can store 16 of these all other step sequencers are either 32 step or half a dozen or so tracks

8. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Man that's a tempting offer. Too bad it can't be shipped to my country.:sad::suicide:

9. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

i have a trigger finger as well. Impulse buy too. Now its a 4x4 dust collector. I do like to use it when I have a guest or client that wants to pound a beat in, but I play/program drums much better on my keys. I think you should be looking at one of these newer controllers that have 8x8 pads...

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

also, the m-audio drivers for it are crap. Newer versions of windows wont see it for some. The work around is to use a usb hub.

12. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Yeah. M-Audio sucks at providing support and updates.
    Most of their products sell cause of cheap pricing or new people looking to buy their first musical hardware.

I think their best seller is that Keystation 61. looks like everyone has one in home studios. :mad:

13. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

One of the few cases where their "updated" driver was worse than the factory one lol,

M-audio just has monkeys typing random keys in their software department.

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

So to answer the OP's question since he left it out of the poll. General consensus says, Don't make an impulse buy decision that you may (will) regret later. Save a little more and get an akai or more preferably something with 8x8 pads.

I don't have any experience with them, but I see the APC mini and MPD's out there for less than a $100USD.

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/ableton-related-gear-date

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  15. milomila89

milomila89 Newbie

Thz all for your good advises and information. maybe i try korg padkontrol or akia mpd. Where can i find finger drumming lesson?

16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

akai mpd.. do not have good pads out of the box... go for the padkontrol.. I own both..and the padkontrol is superior

17. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Finger drumming lessons? Thumb wrestling lessons? Lolololo....Now thats funny! Uh, you dont, you just practise A LOT.

18. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Yes, good pads and a cool xy controller.

19. milomila89

milomila89 Newbie

Bro I mean trips or tutorial for beginner

20. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

If you have the money go for Melodics.
    Else you have to do it like the old days. Like all those master finger drummers did before you. practice, fail, practice again!

21. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual