[[[[[ BULLYING ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS ]]]]]

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Always Grateful, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Lock it down

Lock it down Ultrasonic

You're 0:47 into this vid, basically

:wink:

2. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

You are so corny

3. Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Platinum Record

@Always Grateful.
    I would say that you created this post as a response to what happens to you on AZ. You aren't really bullied by definition, but more so lectured about your disrespect towards hard working scene players by grouping non respected players in the same bunch. You have to understand that many people don't like Sunny/Integral because of past history (which almost cost you and everyone else having any warez at all). And you thank them like they did the cracking. This pisses people off and as a result they lean into you. There are a few uploaders at AZ that people don't respect (Sunny/Integral/Strike - The free stuff/non stop "TRAP" uploaders ect) and when you worship them people get annoyed. Maybe take your own advice and say nothing and just give them your +1.
    P.S. Eat some steak and kidney pie, have a pint, Smoke some Hash. Everything will be OK

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I still am trying to figure out what we are discussing here. :dunno: This thread is all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  5. Peter Gabriel

Basically Always Grateful was slapped around a little bit on AZ and now is making a thread topic about bullying. Which of course is confusing because as far as I know Prince wasn't bullied online - He had a drug addiction + constant pain injury + mental Illness.
    Bottom line... OP Translation = Its about Always Grateful being talked back to on AZ in regards to his Professor Sir Sunny talk. And in his mind he doesn't understand why.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

:suicide:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Peter Gabriel

Be careful. You don't want to give anyone idea's. :rofl:

8. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

...guh. This is such a savagely accurate portrayal of our times. Online bullying? Really? :facepalm:

This world has real problems; focusing on people who might get pushed over the edge because some anonymous person online decides to be an asshole is an apropos testament to the people that populate this Blue & Green Idiot Ball. This is right up there with The mass media hysteria and news saturation (and subsequent resources spent/wasted on awareness ads and other such garbage) over concussions in American Football; these are not real problems, they are small, social concerns for a minority of people.

And why do these problems always seem to come to light when it happens to some "celebrity" who no one really knows in Real Life? These "tragedies" aren't warranted if their victims are your average, unknown, dude-down-the-block? :dunno:

Really, this is one more of those things that boils down to personal responsibility--if you're depressed, suicidal, or just a delicate lil' flower with no spine, stay away from places that might lead your current mental disposition to unpleasant places--pretty simple. You shouldn't have to have someone hold your hand everywhere you go...ya'know, unless you're still well under 10 yrs old, then you get a pass...i guess.
    Too subtle? I hope not.

(And, if you disagree with my post, please don't "dislike," or "disagree" with it, as I'm in a very fragile place right now in my psyche and even a couple pushes of those buttons by unknown persons might be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. Thaaaaanks.....)

Sincerely, :suicide:

(I'm actually surprised AF that no one has cried, whined, or just generally moaned about the "suicide" emoji on here. :rofl:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Are we sure it was the online bullying that did the trick? I thought there's no such thing as bad publicity, especially in that industry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Let's do it... Jim jones style... Guyana, here we come :suicide::suicide::suicide::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Peter Gabriel

True. I can see online bullying affect a 12 old kid that has been shamed and bullied on social media and has to face these people that read it at school. That can crush a young one. But celebs? If they use it then they know there is a bad side that they have to accept. Unfortunately the mass has basically ruled that if you don't use social media you will never make it as an artist or your business will never succeed. Sad but true.
    Now look at this bumbling bloke SLOTHAI that just sexually assaulted the host on stage at the NME awards show this week. He's getting banged hard on social media. Will he kill himself? Prolly not. He will just sell more records to like minded creeps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

13. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

So we see it again. Especially young people think that everything's gonna change when they died. Many people may see commiting a suicide will solve the problems but we see how it goes. The world is the same.

So I wanna say that, if anyone here think about a suicide, please remember you just finish your life and a few people who loves you feel sorry. Nothing more. It doesn't fix anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. jhagen

jhagen Producer

Why using social media in the first place?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

Ariande seen her fans killed and a ex boyfriend past away. Forget wealth think about her mind.

QUOTE="Lock it down, post: 455307, member: 51419"]I, too, worry about the top 1%, be that top 1% in wealth, popularity, success in their field, or all of the above. Especially when it's all of the above -- they have so much more to lose!
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  16. Always Grateful

Not a response to AZ like Meghan I seen this coming I am not her fan at all due to how she treats people. I am from the toughest neighbourhood in Europe where people carry sub machine guys like cigarette packages and World Class Boxers production line from our Gyms. Words on AZ against kindness is the least of my worries. I know their history but they are still taking their time to offer what they have been given. People make mistakes let give them our forgiveness. In music you handle criticism or music is the wrong industry. I am not a Snowflake I am a PutinFlake.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • List
  17. Always Grateful

So many people are by themselves due to financial costs and restrcitions for individuals in a relationship. Have a survey asking musicians buying stuff how partners reacti some supporting and some totally unsupportive. So social media as a tool allows them to have conversations rather than talking to the wall. In some ways it sometimes better to do that than waste time online with balless human waste specimens pouring drool out their gobs.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • List
  18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

@DSP4LiFE oh wow. You really don't liked her. And I understand your point.
    It is like the saying, "He who lives by the sword shall perish by the sword"

Nevertheless, one can feel sorry for someone who saw no other way out of a self-made situation than killing himself.
    That's what makes us human beings.
    And if they are celebrities we feel sorry for, then they are only substitutes for whom we feel pity. I can't see anything wrong with that.

My mother will probably die today or in the next few days. I don't expect anyone here to pretend to be sorry. Nobody knows her.
    The fact that people feel pity for famous people gives me hope. When that's over then human society as a humane society is really at an end.

So, again, rest in peace Caroline.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. DJK

DJK Rock Star

im afriad if you put yourself on social media platforms you have to take good and bad comments, the world is not perfect nor are humans, dont like it then get off social media, its a hornets nest of nastyness

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. jayj4y

jayj4y Member

RIP Caroline, bulling is really terrible.. :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List