Bruma (one track; trance, new age, chill, dance)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

New age!? Well yeah I was inspired by Gandalf and its tracks when I made this ( https://www.discogs.com/artist/144791-Gandalf ). This is extremely old, like two years maybe. I highly doubt I'm going to make an entire EP with other tracks like this, so I'm just posting it on my Bandcamp. What's the point of keeping it?

While it uploads I can say something about it. This was intended to be a remix of another track I had and was not supposed to be this chill with flutes and stuff. Eventually I added the hand drums (the one you can hear at the start as well) and it slowly morphed into what it's now. Adding more and more "acoustic" instruments, and even a flute! I love when the flute enters in the middle section of the song. There's a key change as well before that with a female voice. I think most of the instruments are from Ethno World in Kontakt and I remember that because it used to take 15 tedious minutes to even load the track. There's some effects on the pads that I can't remember but it sounded pretty cool. I don't know why I added an electric guitar (I hope it sounds like one ahah) at some points.

I thought the mix was worse but it actually doesn't make your ears puke. Neither smile though. There are a lot of errors and things I'd have liked to change, like the bass patterns (need more variation somewhere IMO). The kick is supposed to be soft and kind of buried, I didn't want it to be too strong. Oh yeah again to the mix: pain in the ass making the drums fit. If I lowered their volume then they'd be inaudible; too loud and it'd clip. Of course I didn't manage to make a balanced mix at all, but it's listenable (otherwise I won't be posting it here).

Hope you enjoy

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List