Broadcast Facebook livefeed without being kicked out

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by recycle, May 4, 2020.

1. recycle

recycle Guest

The problem is common for everyone: how to defeat the algorithm that cuts the transmission as soon as it believes that copyright is being violated?
    The rules are not clear and it is not clear what the limit is: sometimes the algorithm recognizes even unpublished songs and turns off the feed. At the moment I am using workarounds, but I can never be 100% sure that my feed ends when I decide to do it. I would like to have some advice: is there an official and recognized way for broadcasting Facebook live without being kicked out?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

I only use unreleased tracks which I get from artists themselves or myself, that's the only safe way.

4. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

this is a big problem even the top DJs are facing as they try to do covid stream-from-home parties... they're all switching over to soundcloud and mixcloud instead as FB just seems unwilling to comply

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

youtube's been a problem too - the stream gets cut

6. recycle

recycle Guest

Actually my livefeed is not a djset, what I play is unreleased music made by me and good musician friends, tracks came from dawless jams and pre recorded live performances.
    The copyright rules on Facebook are not clear: I wonder why some songs go smoothly and others are recognized(?) by the algorithm and turned off, despite being unreleased. On some livefeeds I manage to get to the end without being turned off, but then, recordings are blocked by facebook and unpublished from page.

it's frustrating...

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

They seem to be kind of "false positives" due to very aggressive AI copyright detection algorithms. Google and Facebook have tons of that. They are configured in "shoot first and ask later" mode.
    Especially since certain laws were approved. Yes, it must suck big time for live feeds.

Not of much help, but I guess the smaller the company you use the least they can afford that. Like the same Soundcloud, compared to those two giants.

8. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

Oh okay that's weird. Maybe the samples used in the jam? Sometimes Soundcloud and Youtube strike (even your own tracks lol) on this basis. To be honest yes Facebook and Youtube's AI copyright detection systems are much stricter these days even vs. 2018/2019, it's turned into a money machine. The only guys who can get away from it are the big livestream/festival brands who negotiate copyrights waivers, but us poor sheeps are not cashable. Hopefully Facebook will have been replaced by some newcomer in the next 5 years for a more pleasurable experience...

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Facebook is probably more severe than YouTube when it comes to live broadcasts,
    I think YouTube kicks in especially AFTER the live stream, not during it