Bricasti m7 emulations

Discussion in 'Software' started by seethisin3d, Oct 5, 2023.

1. seethisin3d

seethisin3d Newbie

I'm looking for the best m7 emulations, could you guys help me out? Right now im using verbsuite's m7 expansion pack. Best so far but i was wondering if there are other emulations out, i only know of seventh heaven and that one is on the expensive side.

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Liquidsonics Seventh heaven.

There's also a set of Altiverb IRs somewhere that are pretty good, don't remember if those were the same Samplicity IRs in Altiverbs own format.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Slate's VMR is good enough I guess. No other way around if the 7th Heaven is expensive for you. Another choice is another reverb from Liquidsonics, Reverberate3 that has BM7 and some Lexicon reverb comes in stock but it's 99% the same since it used Fusion Convolution Tech as in Slate Verbsuite Classic.

Samplicity's IR are captured in MtoS and L & R format, those are free to download. Reverberate3 has a fancy True Stereo simulation that allow you to make it become 4ch True Stereo Reverb and all sort of crazy modulation including synthetic ER and whatnot if you wish. It can be useful if you really know what you are looking for (and how to achieve them of course) in reverb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we are on the subject I would like to ask anyone that been here long enough and have the free Acousticas Bricasti M7 IR released in 2009 pls PM me or just archive it at the sister's site please, thank you. (Attention mod, it's not Warez, it's free). Their website already down long ago (2012) and I have tried every webarchive possible way to find the link and the download, failed so far. I bet atleast one person here have those pack. It wasn't free initially but they had to make it free for some copyright strike. All their other IR packs are great.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2009/05/20/bricasti-m7-free-impulse-response-pack-by-acousticas/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  6. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

I joined this forum just to see if those pop up here, been seeking for ages. So thanks for your post @Stevie Dude!

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I only know 1 famous person that I pretty sure, 100% sure have it. Kurt Ballou (Converge) of Godcity Studio I saw him using it on his Nail The Mix video on Converge's songs. Not sure he would reply the email for this sort of stuff though. You want to try that ?

8. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

After reading their rates and policies, I think it'd be for clients only, but I could be totally wrong about that :dunno:

9. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

I don't know if it's true but I found this in a forum discussion about those IRs:
    Maybe they are not worth the effort, as there are the Samplicity ones you mentioned and the other VSTs.
    :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. apostolica

apostolica Member

Try to find Seventh Heaven for sale on KVR or Knobcloud. Sometimes I see it for around $150.

11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

That should explain why it's hard to find and nobody cares about reposting the download link, archiving and all. It has been getting a lot of bad reviews, there's another discussion in Reaper's forum too that mostly shared same opinion saying it's shite. I'm already pretty stacked with my reverbs and IRs choice and just want to see what it is about, especially when my fav guitar hero loves them so much for some unknown reason. I'm not that crazy about Bricasti reverbs at all (until I'm rich enough to get the hardware I guess ?) just the usual fuck around and find out routine.

12. seethisin3d

seethisin3d Newbie

Thank you for the info @Stevie Dude

I do have some expierence with free IRs but idk they always sound to sloppy for me?

I just now realize that seventh heaven has 2 versions.. one normal and one proffesional version.

The differences are one is model v1 and one is model v2

Does anyone here know the real use differences and if its worth it?

13. seethisin3d

seethisin3d Newbie

14. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Eventide Blackhole, Valhalla Super Massive, Overloud REMatrix, PSP SpringBox, epicPLATE mkII, Solaris, Dragonfly Hall & Dragonfly Room (I don't like Dragonfly Plate/Reflections).

15. peezy666

peezy666 Ultrasonic

I have a briscati m7 I thought about trying to capture some impulses with it. However, I have seventh heaven as well. To me the best briscati is the one in best service halls of fame 3. Not only the briscati, but you get some other really fantastic sounding reverbs. Its all I use for reverbs now

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

IRs are never meant to be used with set-and-forget mentality like the real hardware it modeled that comes with presets that mostly tuned by really good ears out there. 70% of the time, it can get real sloppy real quick IMO if they aren't processed correctly because it doesn't respond exactly like the real preset on the real hardware it modeled. Maybe close but not close enough if precision is what one is aiming for. I always suggest the Reverberate3 to anyone that want to get to the IR reverb rabbit hole but pretty sure it's not what you are looking for.

I can't comment much about the Seventh Heaven since the only experience I had with it is around a year with k'd version until I figured it doesn't really work as it should as pointed out by so many people in the post at sister's site. The ER is fucked up. Based on that experience alone, I'd say it's an okay reverb plugin for my usage because I'm mostly a 6 aux of 6 stacks of 6 different 1sec reverbs combination rather than a 6sec long reverb that many swear by their mother that nothing does is better than an M7.

It's October, so I suggest go get the sister's site version, read all the comments about the problems in both post. It's usable and you can test it just to get an idea and compare it with the Slate's Verbsuite Classic and if you think it's good enough and worth it, get it during Black Friday on discount ?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  17. apostolica

apostolica Member

Just a quick note to tack onto the end of what's been said above - there's a strange cyclical period jitter in the Gemini BM7 while using Bitwig. I've added the Seventh Heaven Professional performance graph, which I also own, for a comparison. I've included screenshots FWIW.

upload_2023-10-5_18-40-22.png

upload_2023-10-5_18-41-0.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  18. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

If I know one good thing about this forum is, everybody silently read every thread and somehow the pack requested earlier has been shared by someone. Thanks. You see, FBI agent can be helpful sometimes.

Anyway, on first few try using Altiverb and compare it with Slate Verbsuite Classic, Samplicity IR, Samplicity Gemini BM7 and Reverberate3 BM7.. let's just say it wasn't that bad AT ALL. A self reminder to always fuck around and find out yourself.

For my personal taste, stock BM7 on Reverberate3, I listened to the ER and turn it off completely on Reverb 1 and and recreate similar ER using Synthetic ER function on Reverb 2 and manually modulate it to taste is unbeatable.

Here's the link if anyone interested. Will share it on sister site tomorrow or something. @crackhoar bruh, your wait is over! congratz. :speaker:

Acousticas Bricasti M7 (original pack)
    Acousticas Bricasti M7 (restructured folder system for better viewing in Altiverb with graphic) :disco:
    upload_2023-10-6_3-43-12.png

Samplicity Bricasti M7 (restructured folder system for better viewing in Altiverb with graphic)
    upload_2023-10-6_17-9-43.png

Notes:
    1) no stereo to stereo single IR, only mono to stereo (not recommended, it's bad as all the reviews all over the internet) :thumbsdown:
    2) for stereo to stereo, use Altiverb (True Stereo Quad channel setup, recommended) :guru:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

There's a Nebula sampled version too.

20. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I have an M7 sitting right in front of me in the desk. IRs are nowhere near the hardware sound, which is a shame because my M7 is mostly occupied with main vocals or choirs and atm I can't justify another 5k for a second one. imo you are best served with an algorithmic plugin. valhalla room or lexicon native may sound a bit different than the M7, but they are well programmed and flexible enough to come close if you tweak them a bit. at least that's what I do.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

The M7 IR's may not sound like the real deal, but they do a quite good job without all the modulation stuff. Sometimes you just want the sonic response of the reverb, as Michael Brauer uses, for example. And as you said, it's an expensive unit, so you can't really use on a lot of stuff and the M7 IR's tend to sound different than the lexicon and valhalla dsp in a way i find pretty useful. But i don't have the bias of having the real deal in front of me, so i understand the fact you may not like the IR's at all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List