Breakbeat Sidechaining in Ableton - which plugins or M4L devices are best in 2023?

Discussion in 'Software' started by crackhoar, Nov 2, 2023.

1. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

Hi friends! :)

So usually I just grab the stock Ableton plugins and go, quick and easy, and while they work OK, im never really totally satisfied with the results when working with non-4x4 beats/kicks and snares. 9 out of 10 times theres too much pump, when all I want is a fast, tight and clean duck on those hits. I know there are a ton of SC plugins out there in recent years, as well as other volume shaping or on/off methods to achieve this, but most Ive tried in the past induce routing and workflow headaches in Ableton. So I am wondering what if any VST plugins or M4L devices you can recommend?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2023
  3. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

No breakbeaters up in here? .. :(

4. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

BIG update: so I tried DFuckBuddy M4L thing, it is totally not easy intuitive or sounding at all good like the videos :wtf: etc...

meanwhile i made a batch of new (sadly clicky pumping) breaks, sorry to my fans!:knock:

5. muse2love

muse2love Producer

6. muse2love

muse2love Producer

7. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest