Brainworx announcing Vocal Pitch-Correction (and more)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by TaxiDriver, Oct 17, 2020.

1. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

Brainworx (under PA umbrella) announcing Vocal Pitch-Correction products after acquiring CrispyTuner. But it seems to be more than that. Sort of Vocal chain..?

Imagine a complete "Vocal Studio" plugin, featuring precise Pitch-Correction (incl. the popular vocal pitch effect-sound), TMT Vocal Channel, De-Essing, creative Filters, and multiple modular effects (Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, and more).

Brainworx Pitch-Correction will be added to all 4 current PA Subscription Bundles at no extra cost! More info soon, please stay tuned!

Thoughts? ..duh, another one-knob "game changer"..? BX, WTF, we trusted you!!.. Yes! This will take my hip-hop/rap/trap production to another level.. or ..finally someone is going to do it the right way! :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. odod

odod Rock Star

luckily i bought the crispy tuner before BX bought it .. i hope it will be a free upgrade, unfortunately it is not an auto correct plugin ..

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.49.14.png

4. TaxiDriver

@odod I don't know anything about CryspyTuner, but from their page:

In practice, nothing changes for you as an existing customer - you’ll still be able to download and use the CrispyTuner as before.
    We’ll keep providing e-mail support as usual to answer any questions you might have.

Owners of a CrispyTuner license will get the initial version of Brainworx’ pitch correction plug-in for free.
    We will send you a more detailed e-mail as soon as the new plug-in is available.

So, fair enough I think. I'm sure Brainworx will just use the technology. Maybe combine it with other plugins from PA arsenal.. like they are doing it with synth FX (e.g. bx_oberhausen)

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I don't care much for vocal pitch correction plugins but users could benefit from having another strong contender in the field because prices of auto-tune would have to drop at some point, since CrispyTuner was only 60 €.

6. TaxiDriver

Just checked out a CrispyTuner video and agree.. Antares will be only left with the Auto-Tune 'trademark'. Might not be enough against Brainworx. Some already prefer Waves. Also, if I understand correctly, the pitch correction will be just a part of it.. so could also be a contender against iZotope Nectar. The timing is right ;)

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I have to correct myself: if this is indeed a one knob plugin, Antares has nothing to fear. Maybe bx have become greedy and release an addditinal "pro" version with all the features CrispyTuner had already…