Boz Digital Labs: Width Knob - Introducing new FREE plugin

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mercurysoto, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    [​IMG]
    Width Knob
    Free!

Width Knob allows you to quickly and easily adjust the stereo width of your bus or track.

It is a great and simple tool for automating power into your chorus, or anywhere else you might need to adjust the stereo width in an intuitive and fast manner.

Width Knob provides a simple way to create contrast in your mixes, keeping your mixes alive and interesting.

Categories: Mac - AAX, Mac - AU, Mac - RTAS, Mac - VST, Mac - VST3, Plugin, Windows - AAX, Windows - RTAS, Windows - VST, Windows - VST3

Product Description
    Why A Width Knob?

This is a tool that everyone should have and everyone should use. The real reason I made this plugin was because I became addicted to the stereo width knob provide in Reaper, and it drove me insane every time I had to use another DAW that didn’t have it.

Rather than go on some campaign about how every DAW should have this by default, I figured it was easier to just make a plugin version of this effect and give it to everyone for free.

This plugin is so easy and intuitive to use, yet so powerful that it is really a must have for any workflow.

This is Not a Stereo Widener
    In fact, it’s the opposite. This plugin does not add anything that will increase the stereo width of your track. It will only reduce the stereo width. it ranges from -100% to +100%, letting you not only narrow your mixes, but to flip the L/R channels easily and smoothly.

Go get it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I just got this in the mail:

Update for AU version of Width Knob

Really quick. Some of you who downloaded Width Knob today noticed that it didn't work in Logic Pro. I just updated the mac version to 1.0.2, so you should be able to download the update and it should be working fine now.

If you aren't using the AU version, there's no real reason to download this update.

You can download the update directly from your downloads page here: http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/my-account/downloads/

Thanks for your patience

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thanks for the heads up. I use another free plug, bark of the dog, from these guys. Its the free version of the voice of god plug from little labs UA.

5. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

I would have thought any decent DAW can do that with stock features. Well... perhaps not... Samplitude and Sequoia sure can, anyhow.

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Yeah I was thinking the same, what daw does not has stereo width tools?

7. virusg

virusg Rock Star

Will it blend?

you guys chill... this at least comes free... what about that guy that released the new Dr ms plugin with one button ... and it asks for money... lots for one button ...only Guetta will buy that :rofl:

8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Yes, I do use the utility plug in ableton for this, but this plugin looks prettier...lol

9. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What is the point with this plug really? Tested (no effect at all) and deleted!

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

11. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I just finished a Project where this would have come in handy as a simplified Version of Waves S1. I had to make tighten the Stereo Image on my Busses to keep the mix Mono compatible. Certainly useful.

The only thing I don't like about it is: 1. The Name. It's irritating. It should be called "More Mono" ore something. Because that's what it does: it makes the original either more mono or switches the left and right channel and does not make it wider than the original signal. 2. It should have a simple correlation meter - the green/red could react to the width easily, imo. But it's ok. ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  12. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

If you can't do that with the tool within your chosen DAW... get a better DAW!!!!