Bouncing in Logic - what's the best way?

Discussion in 'Software' started by freakymofo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

I've finished a track, (it's not mastered), and i would like to bounce it and have the audio file ready to send to some people, upload to soundcloud, and send it as a promo to a record label, which I'm hoping to release it on (pray for me :)...)

Could anyone please guide me on the best options to select/how to bounce the best way? I bounced it once, and it's like over 100MB... which is ridiculously large.. most tracks i DJ with are 10-20MB max....

I prefer WAV, but MP3 is fine.. any help with what to select, do i need to put the track into another software after, like audacity to further decrease the size, or? Obviously i want good quality as much as i can.

Its a Techno track, at roughly 7 minutes long, if that is any help at all..

Thank you

3. Grandy

Grandy Member

wav 24 bit, no dithering, normalization off. check start and end because sometimes logic can export longer files

4. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

Thanks for the reply.

I'm about to re-bounce, and have used these settings, is this okay? image:

It's still at 70MB+, which is large... How are most tracks i buy/download sitting at 20MB or less!? Is 70MB okay to send to someone as a promo?

Thanks

5. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

Choosing your way, its going to be 114MB file.. is that not too big? How can i safely reduce that file size after bouncing from logic?

6. Impressive

Impressive Guest

That bitrate should be higher. Change it to 256 kbps, if not 320. 128 kbps is a bit low.

7. Grandy

Grandy Member

use mp3 320kbps for sending demos, i thought that you're sending it for mastering. if its for mastering then use settings i described in my first post

8. DKB

DKB Producer

when I bounce tracks for mastering I bounce at 24bit 48khz , -7db wave file . For demo MP3 bounce at 320 .
    When selling music I always send 24bit waves and the distro converts to 16bit 44100khz because they want the best quality . Digital shops like beatport will want your tracks in 24bit as the convert the file format themselves , 16bit wave , MP3 320 , 128 .

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

and send it as a promo to a record label, which I'm hoping to release it on (pray for me :)...)
    :rofl:

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I know it LOOKS large, but you'll find the ACTUAL size of the MP3 AFTER rendering is bout 20MB. This is cuz it has to render to PCM first THEN encode to MP3 (I think).

Agreed. 128kps is shit.

11. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I know, right? Record labels are really hard to score nowadays for the casual bedroom musician. You'd have better luck making stock music for audiojungle. Some guys over there have like $3 million in sales (the elite guys). The best part is, how well you do is not determined by hormone-controled 13 year old girls, but instead is determined by the quality of your content & the size of the market it fits in.

12. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

Thanks for your help guys. I'll have it bounced as 320 MP3 from now on, and then what DKB said respectively.

Well, you can laugh but I'm giving it a go.. I'm serious about producing and trying to learn the best I can.

Here's a private soundcloud link to the track I made, you can check it and tell me what you think. IF you like House & Techno..

Had a few friends tell me that it fits the label & owner/DJ's style very well. (it's dubfire, in case anyone wanted to know.)

Here's the link, all feedback is welcome :) -

Thank you!

EDIT: OK posted link and its displaying an empty widget.. not sure if it's because it's private. Let me know and ill send you the link if anyones cares to listen.