Bought a sample pack with redistributed samples

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Niels, Apr 11, 2022.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

when you say "best quality possible", what does that mean? Computer generated sounds? I'm sure you see where this is going...the real answer being to stop paying for other people to make files for you. ultimately.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

:like:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2022
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I completely get the idea. And fully understand the sort of service work you are talking about. No problem with that from me.

But in reference to just samples, my point is more that anyone with software can generate nice sounding samples on their own. Files on a hard drive do not make a song, track, etc.

There is literally no point in paying for them. Any of them. Until they are used in a recording. It is more virtual junk.

4. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

yes, you are providing way more than just some sounds! experience, musicality, all that magic stuff.

but you generating a sub bass from serum is literally no different than some kid doing it on their own. a waste of your time and talents, and their money. (unless someone is getting scammed it makes zero sense).

when it comes to genre based music, do musicians no longer hook one another up? Do they all just rip each other off now? I bet not.

you are talking about sophisticated customers. I am talking about some kid trying to buy a Psytrance pack from some guy who registered a .br domain for his scam. Big difference.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  6. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

7. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

8. recycle

recycle Guest

@Niels Paypal is a super-secure system for transactions: protection is much more in favor of the buyer than the seller. In case of any shady negotiation your money will come back 100%. After getting your money back, there's a lot more you can do:
    • Public shaming: write your story on all audio-pro websites (like you did here)
    • Alert the original copyright holder (or its distribution). Write them an email saying that this scam company stole their samples, so, if they are willing to, they can take legal action
    • Publish scammy sample pack on AZ (I'm sure you still have a copy) as a final insult

9. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

my original point about posting the link to that "repost tracker"; I thought it was somewhat "topical". This guy's website looks like a decent template etc. Before turning to those sorts of options, is anyone sure W.A. is not somehow involved in this stuff?

11. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

:like: (sorry for hijaking you thread felicia)