Boss Octaver OC-2 Emulation VST - Free!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

[​IMG]

In an attempt to achieve a better Boss OC-2, I created this VST plug-in.
    It provides a means to adjust what are typically fixed settings - such as:
    The filter cutoff frequencies for both the input keying (adjusting can improve tracking), and
    The generated octave square waves (make it sound like a pure sin, full-square, or anywhere in between).
    DC offset switch - to help accurately track rectified or offset signals.
    Want the "synth mod" sound from your http://hardware OC-2, but don't want to (or know how to) actually modify the pedal? This plug-in can do it.
    Choose between additive oscillators or a phase-multiplier for another variation in tone.
    Oscillators can be dynamically controlled via either a gate or an envelope-follower (both keyed from the input signal).
    The phase-multiplier simply flips the phase of the keying signal, thus retaining the original dynamics.
    It also lets you tap the audio and view your waveforms at any stage, so you can SEE how it works, and adjust settings accordingly.
    While I wouldn't expect this to get as much use as a hardware pedal in gigging or band practice situations, I did try to keep the latency as low as possible. Due to the filtering, it will generate a minimum of about 1,235 samples of delay (28ms or 1/36 of a second at 44.1K), but there is delay compensation for mixdown on hosts that support it.

I've included some presets that run through the capabilities of the plug-in.

Let me know what you think! I welcome any critiques / suggestions, and if I feel they're justified and worth my time, I would try to make improvements and re-release. For now, this is free for you TBers, but please don't reshare - just send people to this thread or directly to the link below.

Direct DL-Link: Here!

URL: Here!

3. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Member

Nice, will give it a try.
    Thanks bud! :mates:

4. ChrisHooker

ChrisHooker Newbie

Hey everyone!

I'd love to get some feedback on how this is working for everyone.
    Reviews, comments, critiques, and complaints are welcome.
    Please feel free to PM me, or even post a reply here.

Thanks!

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Its a great plug IMHO - Thanks a lot for your generosity :wink:

Cheers