Boss ME-5/ME-8 Guitar FX

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Daz, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Daz

Daz Guest

ME-5

[​IMG]

The Boss ME-5 from the late 80's retailed for around $1000 and has these pedals inside,
    including analog chorus and flanger, only the delay and reverb are digital​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ME-8

[​IMG]

The Boss ME-8 is from the mid 90's, RRP was around $600, and has the same analog overdrive/distortions as the ME-5, but with the addition of these analog pedals​

[​IMG][​IMG]

The ME-8 also has more FX, however, where as the ME-5 has analog Chorus and Flanger, the ME-8's FX are all digital
    Amp Simulator, Humanizer, Harmonist / Pitch Shifter, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Pedal Wah, Feedbacker, Ring Mod, Slow Attack, Vibrato.​

You can find the ME-5/ME-8 on Ebay, prices are generally between $80 - $150.​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

For about the double of these prices, you could get (as second hand) the following :

[​IMG]

and with it, you'll get almost all of the best products that 'BOSS' has done over the years in terms of 'Stompboxes' ('Pedals'), 'COSM' Modelling (Amps & Cabs Emulations,... ), all included in a 'box' (2U 19"), with the option to get 2 different Amps at the same time among others options, and above all, a true professional connectivity :

[​IMG]

or even (depending the discount offered by some Music shops) the following :

[​IMG]

A very recent 'BOSS' Product which includes their latest technologies as well as serves as Audio Interface...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Daz

Daz Guest

Yeah the GT-Pro is great for FX, all digital though, and if you like COSM digital distortions amp and pedal sims etc, but doesn't have any analog pedals at all.
    Many guys buy the separate analog pedals not knowing you can get them in the ME-5/ME-8 for much less, and with instant patch recall as well.
    The ME-5 has the analog circuitry of the CS-2 Compressor, OD-2 Overdrive, DS-1 Distortion, CE-2 Chorus, BF-2 Flanger, the ME-8 has the same analog overdrive pedals with the addition of BD-2 Blues Driver and MT-2 Metal Zone, not digital simulations, which is the point of the post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016