BOSS Introduces RE-202 and RE-2 Space Echo Pedals

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by BEAT16, Mar 29, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Bring more music into your life!.jpg

BOSS Introduces RE-202 and RE-2 Space Echo Pedals

The Legendary Roland Space Echo Experience Reborn in Modern BOSS Digital Delay Pedals

Los Angeles, CA, March 24, 2022 —BOSS introduces the RE-202 and RE-2 Space Echo pedals, two new products based on the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo from the 1970s and 1980s. The RE-202 is an advanced pedal with three footswitches and extended features, while the RE-2 offers core Space Echo features in a classic BOSS compact pedal. Known for its distinctive rhythmic echo sounds, warm character, and highly playable sonic quirks, the tape-based RE-201 continues to inspire musicians, producers, and audio mixers over four decades on. Backed by intensive R&D and the latest BOSS innovations, the RE-202 and RE-2 capture the original Space Echo sound and behavior in flawless detail.

www.roland.com/us/company/press_releases/2022/BOSS-Introduces-RE-202-and-RE-2-Space-Echo-Pedals/

3. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

I have the RE-20 great pedal wish i could afford the new one as it has midi and presets i do believe. Not far off attempting putting it in a rack mount box. Why don't they make an original copy with tape? There must be a market for it or would that be too much a niche market?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Funny, I'm 65 and my generation couldn't wait to ditch tape for HQ digital to get clean, artifact-free sound.
    Live long enough and everything comes around again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I think the analog is just going digital. It's just a chip. It's probably cheaper to make. I have a Zoom Multieffekt A1 for acoustic guitar, the chip simulates everything from Martin to Dobro and all that for 149 EUR.

6. recycle

recycle Guest

We were sure that digital revolution would have lead us to conquer the universe, but maybe we believed a little too much in this dream