Born yesterday and already better than you.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Von_Steyr, Mar 18, 2017.

1. m9cao

m9cao Producer

sadly those kid just the slave of their parents, it's quite common in some country

2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I seem to remember you posting some music and me finding some good DnB on your SoundCloud. Forgive me If Im mistaking your avatar for someone else's.
    Its really surprising how many of us EDM guys are really heavy metal heads :headbang::metal:

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

You know it! Most peoples "first" song on the guitar is Smoke on the Water.
    Mine was the intro double picking to Wasted Years (maybe yours too?)LoL

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. sparkles

sparkles Guest

absolutely yes hehehe your mind is still in a good shape ,i remember you too ,cheers bro !
    yes very surprising :speaker:

5. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Mine was "Get back" by The Beatles (and only the chords). I wonder why...

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Before I was a teen I had a piano teacher and she used to let us select the songs she would teach us. I chose Imagine

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Seeing them live in their prime time....priceless :wink:

8. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

In the Music University there are tons of that, its difficult to enter so most do because is easy for them.
    But it comes with a price, actually is a violence.
    Most are immature, do not like to be with other people and do not know nothing about politics, with obvious mama-papa issues.
    For me its wonderful if they are happy, play with other children, improvise and compose.
    Mozart is real and sad!

9. G String

G String Rock Star

One thing that strikes me about accomplished people is that they very often have a great deal of help, encouragement and support. Where the positive aspects of this turn into the negative (control, duress, force) is surely difficult to tell, and subjective too.

Without knowing anything about the individuals themselves, and their complex personal life, how can one know if the parents do or do not approve, if the child is happy or not, if the outcome is going to be positive or not? And on whose terms, anyway? Who is to judge?

I can't believe children can be beaten into being brilliant. And quite possibly brilliance doesn't often come without sacrifice or impairment in some form. (Not to say a goal of producing brilliance justifies harming children btw!)

We don't know these kids are unhappy. All children are unhappy (at times)?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"
    the 10000 is a number sonone once said and it has been repeated ever since
    there is nothing scientific about it, so please do not display it as an accurate model of how learning happens"

yes the 10,00 hours is a representation, i went into more depth with saying 6 hours a day comprehensive for 5 years covering every aspect correctly dealing with the way the thing your perfecting actually works in such a way the human mind actually works , in areas regarding short term vs long term memory and storage, chunking of information, and developing personal skills such as focus, concentration and of course whatever motor skills necessary for the task at hand.

i never implied that 10k hours, within no context has meaning or value.

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

wasting time is a perfectly acceptable and important concept.

here are 2 situations.
    1. you think and make choices about how to go about doing something, in such a way as to consider all variables, prioritize how you will go about doing it to get the most out of each moment combined with making sure to have your thoughts about it match as perfect to the reality as possible.
    2. you just run through life like wearing a blindfold not paying attention to the way things work or which way of getting things done is better than another based on the way things actually work, you pay no attention to your thought process about the task and how different thought process may affect the amount of time and effort spent on the task.

now if we compare these 2 methods attempting to accomplish the same task, the first would be acceptable and the second would be a "waster of time" ( slang for yielding unacceptable results)

12. m9cao

m9cao Producer

a ten years old kid has enough knowledge to judging themselves happy or not? joke!

13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

@m9cao You're absolutely right.
    I'm a father of four girls. I always tried to look at them with some objetiveness, so I could tell what are the wishes of my daughters, and what are my wishes.
    And if I would have had to decide between a childhood and a career for one of my girls, I would have chosen the childhood. The world can live without another Beethoven :yes:
    Too many parents today want to make a wunderkind and try to push and harrow their children in that direction. For me, those extreme parents are abusers of their own children.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  14. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Michael Jackson, The Beach Boys (Especially Brian Wilson) and Nina Simone turned out to be pretty amazing musicians though. As with many Artists, sometimes the reasons for their brilliance have sinister undertones.

Very, very few people ever get to anywhere near the top of a discipline without some form of personal sacrifice. Although it's a lot fairer when it's the individuals choice.

15. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

@DoubleSharp
    The key word here is choice, and I'm convinced, a child of age 7 has no choice, when parents want to make money or fame out of it.