Born yesterday and already better than you.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Von_Steyr, Mar 18, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Dont forget about this girl

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Who says nothing good ever came out of those wasted years.

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Up the Irons!

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You have excelent taste for music, bro:cheers:

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I'm mad at myself at for not seeing them in concert when Bruce was still in his prime. Now they're just going through the motions and chugging along on stage, dropped tunings and slower bpms.
    My favorite song without Diano has got to be revelations.
    "An easy way for the blind to go, A clever path for the fools who know. The secret of the Hanged Man, the smile of his lips." , "She came to me with a serpent's kiss, as the eye of the sun rose on her lips, moonlight catches silver tears I cry. So we lay in a black embrace, and the seed is sown in a holy place. And I watched, and I waited for the Dawn."
    Fvcking genius lyrics. Up there with Getty and Maynard.
    Im a bass player and produce so of course I love Steve Harris too, just because he writes all the music. He was probably my first inspiration without me even knowing it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Never seen them live but i agree, if you take away the silly imagery, they are actually amazing song writers/performers.

7. dondada

dondada Rock Star

it is never to late to start something new. even if it it seems past its time or even wrong time
    like this fucking roughneck!:rofl:

and another thing is love, learning and tenacity for what you are doing
    like this old dog here

but i love young Talent too!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

And Mozart wouldn't have been Mozart. He was one of the first circus kids. Trained early on by his father, then touring around the world as long as he was young enough to impress the people for a lot of income for the father.

What you basically say is, fuck a kids health as long as we get the music we demand from them. You remember what a sad life Mozart lived? You remember what Beethoven lived through?

Just a short reminder:
    "From the outset his tuition regime, which began in his fifth year, was harsh and intensive, often reducing him to tears; with the involvement of the insomniac Pfeiffer there were irregular late-night sessions with the young Beethoven being dragged from his bed to the keyboard."
    "About Johann van Beethoven's teaching, violent attacks against his son are recorded."

But hey, fuck it, who needs a healthy kid, if only we get music...

9. G String

G String Rock Star

I know what you mean but other kids were being sent up chimneys, working in mines, doing needlework, all at 6 years old. A gilded cage is gilded. We only know about deprivations of Beet and Moz because they were special, all the other kids' deprivations never made it into history.

I had a lot of "liberty" as a child, in fact it was neglect. It cuts both ways?

10. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

I like the way he plays using his fists ! Also goes to show that physical limitations such as hand size can be overcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Chile_Robinson

From Wiki.

He stopped recording in 1952, later explaining:

"I wanted to go to school... I wanted some school background in me and I asked my Dad if I could stop, and I went to school because I honestly wanted my college diploma."

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

there is no mystery here, children neural connections work faster and better than adult.
    you start a child at 2 years old on piano guitar and whatever other instruments as they get older playing everyday to slowly teach them the way music theory works at the same speed they learn theory language from their parents ( music is a language that works in specific way).
    as long as they work on it everyday with great teacher that gets through and the child happens to be gifted with a certain amount of concentration above average and intelligence slightly above average , they will master the instrument and or music theory in 10,000 hours or slightly less and be virtuoso.

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

10,000 hours is the standard at which the brain masters something divide that by 6 hours a day equals 1,666.6 days. divide that by 365 days to get years and wallah 4.6 years at 6 hours a day (excuse if the math isn't perfect this isn't meant to be exact)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

here is a 36 minute long video that has the way music works most of us dont know or never find out and only half and hour of knowledge to change your life forever with understanding the way music itself works

a young child taught to memorize this is few weeks would run laps around a 35 year old guitarist playing pentatonic scales for 20 years or even a electronica producer that plays by ear for 15 years the childs written songs would be objectively better and listeners would pick theirs everytime over what sounds like the better song, this is because music works in a specific way most of us dont even tale the time to care about.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

the 10000 is a number sonone once said and it has been repeated ever since
    there is nothing scientific about it, so please do not display it as an accurate model of how learning happens

With that being said, i have seen some experiments where kids became smarter because the parents played complex classical music during a certain period of their pregnancy

Some kids come out with perfect pitch right away

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Go figure, it took me less than a day to ride a bike. That was some odd fourty years ago.
    It took me a week to surf on the sea. Yep.
    It took me a week to learn Reason. That was in 2001. It took me about three months to learn Ableton and I'm still not getting
    anywhere near Isabelle Rezazadeh's levels of clarity. Or Proxy Page, for that matter, anytime soon. :-(
    Nature works that way and we, the now elder musicals, have to deal with that. (somehow) Bleh.
    It takes young, fresh physical skill to master anything. Once your carbon unit starts decaying, hhh, your in the ball park and are down to be hit straight out of it by the one you tought to wheel a bat. That bat. Regardless of your mind, energy and spirit. The ole Caddy has lost it's 'thang'.
    Just to stick with the material at hand, the human ear is at its best between 19 and 30 years of age. Regardless the audio-acrobatics some
    of us try to sustain to the contrary. We don't hear what 'they' - meaning the young, tallented aliens arround us, do. - Period.
    Experience is a gift, but it can not compete with juven. With youth and the physical bennefits it brings. Bless! The young are the future, one
    I can't wait to see and hear.
    For I was once a child and thought electronic music was for nerds and 'old-people'. That drum machines were competing with drummers.

Man was I wrong. ....

Peace.

me.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

One my Favorite jamzzzzz from Maiden \m/ seen em live back in the 80's one best metal shows ive ever been too man \m/

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Epic!
    sooooo understand the wasted time .........
    Iron Maiden my first band in the music industry ,my first album these years "Alexander the Great" oh man i was so innocent :rofl:

including :

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. G String

G String Rock Star

But it is impossible to "waste time"? It's always spent on something.

19. sparkles

sparkles Guest

I think the meaning of "waste time" is that, actually the wasted times are the brighter ones in all life, in my opinion.

20. G String

G String Rock Star

Well, that's not wasted is it? We're the only animals to care about wasted time? Other creatures seem satisfied simply to be, something I am trying to emulate as an escape from tyranny.