BOP Studio - This Is so sad

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Nimbuss, May 6, 2016.

1. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

So today I find out that this studio exists (estimated cost was between 22-91 million dollars), sad to see so much hard work and planning not being fully utilized. Parts of Disney's Lion King was recorded there and a bunch of other great projects.

Studio 1-3 include the SSL 4000G+, Neve VRP 96 and a massive Focusrite Studio Console.

The studio is currently being used for training but is still open to the public.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct13/articles/bop.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Bonfire !

5. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

How will 'modern studios' survive with so many people having private setups? Commercial audio will always be around but what about the musicians??

6. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

No one listens when I talk ( those who do are aware of future events and get ready)
    The difference between 2 people is money always will be and money will determine status.
    If you give those "Engineers" a $1000 mixer what is the difference between them and me ( considering at a touch of a google call I can learn more in 10 minutes than those engineers in 20 years!) ?

NONE there is no difference what I do with that shitty mixer is the same shit they can make.

Now let's reverse this, let those "Engineers" use the $1000 mixer and use shitty ass mic's. But I switch to their Studio and use their Hardware so who will get a better sound? THERE IS NO NEED TO ARGUE THIS POINT.

Same crap with the Video Camera market, the same crap has been happening there as well.

It seems to me that now when "normal users" are starting to have access to better hardware ( software is useless without physical hardware) that those "Engineers" are starting to get scared.

Let's face it 20 years ago the "home recording artist" did not exist. These days with access to so much knowledge at your fingertips the old way of hiding and keeping knowledge to themselves "The Establishment" is over. Throw in the Chinese building things so fast for such a fraction of what it used to be that now hardware has been democratized.

We can not have it all, there is a price to be paid when everyone has access to the same tool, it is the price of you MUST NOW COMPETE!! one a 1 to 1 level. You can not compete on a 1 to 1 level if you have to use a $1000 mixer with someone who has access to an SSL 4000 G.
    No matter how good you are, the premise of knowledge is only fully extended to the full extent of the current technology.

As you see with the flux of more people having more hobbies these days, the knowledge of doing extra curricular activities is further increased and will outright put a demand on lowering even more of the current technology prices.
    This only adds a further signal to the Industry of Music that the concept of recording belongs to users and thus not to a Cartel of Elites who think they own what we say and hear.

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Love your post man.
    Also regarding this particular studio.I think the only problem of this studio is its location.Was this studio located in London,Vienna or Budapest(just some examples) it would probably be occupied non stop.

But we do live in the golden age of music production where a poor guy can learn fast and be good in this game,you dont even need a formal education any more,the secrets our out,its all about information.
    And a huge thanks to @SAiNT and all the people here running this and the sister site,all the uploaders and cracking teams,who have given the people of this world the opportunity to learn and produce at the highest level.Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time :rofl:

Little did they realize that an internet and technological revolution was just around the corner.

9. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Even successful producers like Just Blaze who owned Baseline studios in NYC, shut it down and now works out of his house because technology allows him to.

Also about access to stuff. Just think of how many Grammy Nominated producers careers have started with a Cracked version of FL studio. Many of them openly admit it now that it was the cracked version that allowed them to discover they had talent.

10. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

yeah, we want sound examples of this $90million studio.

11. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

12. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

13. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

Thanks for the clip I stand corrected.
    Thanks for posting it.