Boom Library Debird vs. Loopmasters Loopcloud bird noise

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hans242, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Okay, you might ask what the hell... I'll explain to you shortly.
    Boom Library is a professional sound library creator and seller. Loopmasters, too. Which makes them let's say serious competitors.
    Those of you who don't need precreated samples and rather create their own stuff, stop reading now and don't comment. It's all fine. I'm not talking to you. ;)
    Everyone else who is curious might have already spent a thought about how you can listen to the loops or samples without recording them and using them in your daw without paying - well and without downloading them on the sister obviously, which is definitely also a great way to get the stuff for free.

Now Loopmasters have come up with a nifty way - they watermark all their prelistening content with bird noise so you cannot use it in your productions if you only record the prelistening files. Yes that's correct, if you listen to their samples, you will have bird noise all over the place - well it's in the background luckily though, but still pretty annoying if you ask me.

Now the more intelligent of you (haha) will have already guessed what this funny post is all about:

Boom Library, a Loopmasters competitor now suddenly comes up with a plugin called Debird. And man, this plugin is expensive: 199€ for a plugin to remove bird noise!! :woot: Oh I know, very advanced technique and algorithms... :bleh:
    But if you think one moment of what could be done with it - if this really works, you can get all the watermarked Loopmasters content for free (well for the price of Debird obviously) then this becomes an interesting option. :wink:
    Well, personally I wouldn't recommend this, because I don't think the "debirding quality" can be good enough to create samples for a professional use without the bird noise and without any artifacts.
    And this is where we definitely come into the conspiracy theory territory.
    I just wanted to let you know this and ask for your opinion about this funny coincidence.

So what do you think? Was their intention to cause harm to the competitor or was it only coincidence and Boom Library just finally released this long-awaited and much asked for (and extremely expensive for what it does actually) plugin to help field recording engineers with their very common struggle of having bird noise in every recording wherever they go. Even in buildings :rofl:

3. jayj4y

jayj4y Member

I need this plugin hahah