Boom Bap Labs Sale

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Soul1975, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Thanks for the heads up on this, Soul1975. I'm wicked broke, but I may have to pour out my penny jar for a couple Boom Bap Labs packs. Hell, the artwork alone is worth the price. :yes:

4. Content disappears from their site really quickly. I swear that like a third of the packs I saw last night - all the "Asian-themed" ones and Secret Crates - are all gone today.

5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

They have always phased out packs slowly over the years, (much to my dismay, since there were many packs that I never had the opportunity to grab,) but this time around they chopped a bunch of packs for a different reason; they've gone the "everything's Royalty-Free" route. They never charged you to use content of the packs their producers created, but you couldn't use the samples from the packs that they kyped off vinyl without clearing them, obviously. It's an intereesting decision since I know a lot of people who like Boom Bap Labs packs because they didn't have to dig for cuts, plus, they had no problem paying to clear a lot of the samples, as many labels/artists didn't charge that much to give over one-time rights. Hopefully we'll see a lot of good, original material coming out since some of the packs that are created to have an old school vybe sound pretty damn good.