Bobdule or vkDanilov version of Kontakt 7 for KK S49 user?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Barncore, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Heya,

I use a Komplete Kontrol S49 midi keyboard, and i like to have the libraries integrate with my keyboard (i.e. show up on the little dual-screens, etc). Is that possible with the vkDanilov verion of Kontakt 7? Or should i use the bobdule one for that?

Thanks

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm not an expert on Komplete hardware but I'd say you need to use both bobdule's Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol (software).
    It may be possible with vkDanilov's portable but by definition integration with portable versions is more complex if possible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

i go with vkDanilov for years now, not a single glitch.

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I just checked last portable vkDanilov Kontakt v7.8.1 and it doesn't support NKS, for instance. Never did.
    It's a limitation of portable software not designed as such. Like drivers, services, for instance.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

And Nexus 4. Removing that content from their expansions saves a good amount of storage space for them. I read somewhere they had intended support, then dropped the idea. But the XPs have all the files in them wasting space.

7. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

I have used Bob Dule's Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol since I got my S49 2 years ago. Work flawlessly.
    Tip - last v2.9.6 version of KK is easiest for browsing and auditioning instruments in Kontakt's Edit/Rack View. NI screwed this up with the v3 update.

8. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I have used Danilov version since K5. I thought I'd try Komplete Kontrol but had no luck and I believed it was because I was using a portable version. When installed the files are all in different places. I love the Danilov version so much that I just skipped on KK. If cleverer people here can show how to do it on the portable version, I might have another go.

9. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Producer

Sorry for being off topic, but the NKS folder of Nexus contains the .ogg files for the previews, it's around 3 GB of the whole 222 GB library. By saving 3 GB you lose the ability to preview the sounds.

10. Willum

Willum Rock Star

I saved 222GB by never using nexus, win win, :)

11. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

Komplete Kontrol MK2 61 , I used only R2R version, not a problem ... ever

Nexus a very good synth to put together fast a song . Preview in KK is a blast ...:rofl: